PDA

View Full Version : Celtic chessboard

Thinus Rabie
11-22-2008, 1:48 AM
I hope that this will be to the liking of someone out there, and that someone can make use of this design.
I must say, it took me a few hours, not because of the level of difficulty, but because of the inexperience of the creator!
I just wanted to give back something as I have received so much already from the Creekers!
I still want to try and design some Celtic pieces to play with, but guess that will take much longer..lol!

Well, feedback would be appreciated!

Steve Clarkson
11-22-2008, 6:52 AM
Thinus,

That is awesome! We Irish love ANYTHING with Celtic flair. Thanks very much for sharing.....I know I'll put this to good use.

Peter Meacham
11-22-2008, 8:23 AM
Thinus

Super job - just in time for Christmas.

Thanks

Jackie McGowan
11-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Oh Thinus it sounds wonderful, but I can't see it. Can I trouble you to save it down to version 11? Please :)

will bohn
11-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Here it is reworked a tad in version 11

Jackie McGowan
11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Will,
Thanks for the file conversion!

Thinus,
Yes this is cool thanks much!

Stephen Beckham
11-22-2008, 9:24 PM
Thinus,

I like it - it's great timing to - I've got a complete set of glass chess pieces left over from a job - the fella left them with me because all he wanted was the 'glass checker board' from the set. I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do to put the glass pieces on....

I do have one question and please understand it's not trying to be critical, but I was wondering why the one edge is 90% black unlike the rest - was it an oversight or does it allow for a top/bottom recognition?

Steve

Thinus Rabie
11-23-2008, 2:04 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words!

Stephen , sorry, definately an oversite! Not experienced enough to even see that to be honest! I have not as yet learned to pick up these details, but thank you for pointing it out.

Comments like these are always welcome to help us learn from each other, so keep them coming!

Thanks Will for helping Jackie out with the Version 11 posting.It looks so much better now!

All the best

Frank Defert
11-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Thinus,

A one of a kind creation, great work. Thanks for sharing!

Frank