PDA

View Full Version : spoke wheel wheelbarow

Herbert Wallace
11-21-2008, 1:02 PM
My first attempt at a spoke wheel and wheelbarow. Made of Louisiana cypress. I will let it weather outside. Fun project.

Dewey Torres
11-21-2008, 1:04 PM
Nicley done.
I have seen folks put potted plants in these in the spring.

Herbert Wallace
11-21-2008, 1:17 PM
Actually, when the dog jumped out, I moved it to the yard for that purpose. The dog didn't want to be in it in the first place.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

John Thompson
11-21-2008, 6:56 PM
I love it Herbert. Yeah... the dog doesn't seem to be a happy camper even when you offered him the "shotgun" position. :) He must have another ride already. ha.. ha...

Well done...

Sarge..

Bobby McCarley
11-22-2008, 9:32 PM
Nice job on the wheelbarrow and I liked your plane rocker also. Cypress is a great wood to work with. I refaced all of our kitchen cabinets with cypress.

I see your location is Boyce. I grew up on Hwy. 1, between Rapides Station and Boyce.

Welcome to the Creek.

Bobby
Louisiana

Herbert Wallace
11-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks Bobby.
Actually, I live at Cotile Lake. Are you at CLECO Rodemacher plant?
You're right. Cypress is fun to work with. If you remember to predrill, as it splits easily. What finish did you use on your cabinets?

Bobby McCarley
11-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Hebert, I live near Baton Rouge now and have been working for the local utility company for the past 34 years.

I used a minwax stain on the cabinet fronts to get the golden color of heart cypress and then put a lacquer finish on them.

Bobby
Louisiana