PDA

View Full Version : Dolce & Gabbana Knock Offs

Phil Garcia
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Well, yesterday was an interesting day. I got a great commeridal bid which turned out to be real trouble. Below is a copy of the email I received to make fake D & G labels. I contacted Italy and was referred to the New York Fraud Office for D & G. I reported these guys.

We are currently a small business under development in Puerto Rico, US. We are searching for a manufacturer of custom nameplates for designer inspired handbags (D&G). Attached you'll find a PDF file with the dimensions of the nameplates. The quotation should be based on letters using "Times New Roman" font and removing the Ф symbol contained in the pictures. I'm not sure about which is the best construction material for these nameplates and would appreciate if you could give us some recommendations (looking for the less expensive material). We expect to place orders initially for around three hundred nameplates and between one/two hundred every other week after the first order. Please let us know if you could manufacture these nameplates and what are your requirements for purchase.

Thanks for your assistance,

Maybe the D & G guys will send me one of those $2000 dollar purses for my girlfriend!!!

Doug Griffith
11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
"inspired" is their attempt to cheat the system. Did the PDF actually contain a D&G logo they wanted you to counterfeit? Pretty bold move.

Cheers,
Doug

Phil Garcia
11-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah, here is the PDF, they took it right a purse and made the photograph. That was all I need is to have U.S. Customs and the FBI at my door when they busted these guys, because in time they will get caught. CNN had a whole special on just that subject of the knock off bags this time of year.

Doug Griffith
11-21-2008, 1:21 PM
Wow. They got some cajones!

Phil Garcia
11-21-2008, 1:33 PM
Hey, Doug... look at the Google ad at the bottom of the last post. "Designer Bags"... I just noticed it and started laughing so hard my side hurt.