PDA

View Full Version : Jet Super Saw Blade Alignment

Mike OMelia
11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, I have tried all I can think of. But there is a small abount of blade misalignment. If you put an engineer's square in the T slot on one side of the blade and measure to blade, then slide to rear of blade, a small gap (1mm??) appears. It was worse before I adjusted. But this seems to be as good as I can get it. If I move the rip bar up to the blade, I can see the small tilt.

My final attempt involved wedging the trunion while tightening the bolts. That helped, but does not seem possible to go further. Ideas?

Mike

Chris Padilla
11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm a tad confused. Are you having issue getting your blade perpendicular to the table top (90 degrees--tilting issue) or are you having issues getting the miter slots parallel to the blade (i.e. a table top adjustment)??

Couple of thoughts:

(1) Is the blade you're measuring flat? In good shape? Try another blade. This time, put a small dot with an felt-tip pen at a point on the blade in the front...then rotate the blade and measure again at the mark at the back.

(2) Is your square square? ;) I know, I know...how do you measure that? Perhaps try another square if you have one...check one against the other.

(3) I assume you have two miter slots...do they both show the same readings (but it'll be on opposite sides of the blade)?

(4) Are you sure you've loosened--adequately--all the bolts that connect the cabinet body to the cast iron top? Are you losing your setting when you try to tighten down?

Mike OMelia
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Chris,

Yes this is a top adjustment.

Blade is new (and flat). I did the felt tip thing already.

My square is square. I will try the other miter slot. Good idea.

Its gets REAL close to perfect when the bolts are loose, when I retighten, its shifts. That is why I wedged in some blocks to keep it from shifting while re-tightening. That helped. The problem is that when the bolts are loose, I can NEVER get it perfect just by moving the top around. So, its up against some hard limits.

Mike

Chris Padilla
11-21-2008, 1:41 PM
Loosen the top once more and really knock it out of alignment...then go back and try to align it again. You just may need to find a new spot to align it in.

glenn bradley
11-21-2008, 2:49 PM
I'm with Chris. If you can't move "far enough" than shift way over and start from a new reference point. I don't have that much experience but I have not found a saw yet, cabinet or table mounted trunnions, that would adjust way more than required.

Mike OMelia
11-21-2008, 5:18 PM
Ok I got it.

Thanks!

Mike