PDA

View Full Version : New Bosch Extra Clean Jigsaw Blades

Brian Effinger
11-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know where I can get the new Bosch T308B jigsaw blades? Amazon says 1 to 2 months shipping. I checked my local blue & orange borgs with no success. I'd prefer a brick & mortar store, but the internet would do to. I'd really like to give these a try on the project I'm working on.
Thanks.

Brian

Chris Padilla
11-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Google is your friend. How about this (http://www.ohiopowertool.com/P-1662-bosch-t-shank-jigsaw-blades-for-wood-t308b.aspx) outfit? I know zero about them or if they have them in stock.

Brian Effinger
11-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I tried google the other day and they seem to be the only ones that have them. The other stores I found on google seem to be linked to amazon.com, so I'm not sure they'd have them either. I know nothing about Ohio Powertool either, but maybe I'll email them and see if they are in stock.

Lee Schierer
11-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't have any experience with their new clean cut blades, but their older Bosch T234X blades cut as smooth as most table saws.
http://media.toolbarn.com/images/bosch/t234x.jpg

Brian Effinger
11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
I got my response from Ohio Powertool: Nope. I can preorder them though.

Lee, I think I may have one of those blades and will give it a try.

Chris Padilla
11-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I had a feeling that would be Ohio Powertool's response! I wonder how long before stores are stocked with them?

Ted Shrader
11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't have any experience with their new clean cut blades, but their older Bosch T234X blades cut as smooth as most table saws.
http://media.toolbarn.com/images/bosch/t234x.jpgBrian -

I am with Lee on this one. These cut great.

Regards,
Ted

Dewey Torres
11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
The progresor listed here do cut great but this new "Extra clean" blade is touted in several magazines as being the one that will cause you to throw the others out!
I guess we will see once folks are able to buy them.

Mike Heidrick
11-21-2008, 1:07 PM
I just bought a 5-pack at lowes for $13. If I hit Lowes again this weekend I can pick you up a set. I just used them Thursday to finish cutting my through sink. Cut is perfect.

Ronald Kellison
11-21-2008, 4:46 PM
I'm going down to Ohio (from Canada) for Thanksgiving. I ordered 3 packs (15 blades) from Ohio Tool a couple of days ago and they accepted my order and verified by email. I think I'll give them a call and find out whether there's going to be a delay in shipment.

Regards,

Ron

Brian Effinger
11-21-2008, 9:19 PM
I just bought a 5-pack at lowes for $13. If I hit Lowes again this weekend I can pick you up a set. I just used them Thursday to finish cutting my through sink. Cut is perfect.

I'll have to check Lowes again. I have been known to look right at things and not see them ;) Maybe I'll even ask someone there if they have them :eek:

Alex McClure
11-21-2008, 9:31 PM
Got mine at lowes. Had many, many in stock. Have yet to use them, but have had excellent results with other Bosch jigsaw blades. Not sure if this helps but good luck!

Eduard Nemirovsky
11-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Got mine at HD. Two different sizes. Just try it on 3/4" plywood - cut very clean.

Don Bullock
11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I've read about them, but haven't tried them yet. Bosch already had the "best" jigsaw blades on the market. I'll have to try the new ones out.

Brian Effinger
11-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, I went to Lowes today, and they had 2 packages - one in the proper spot, one in the wrong spot. I don't know if I just missed them earlier, or they really weren't there. Could be I just overlooked the empty spots because the product numbers were in extremely tiny print.
Anyway, I got a pack, and had a chance to try it out and compare it to the Progressor blade that Lee suggested. These new blades cut cleaner in some 3/4 walnut I had, but it wasn't what I'd call a night and day difference. I would have no problem with using either of them, but I'd have less clean-up with the Extra Clean blades. Take a look at the pictures:

Mark Smith, too
11-23-2008, 11:10 PM
In a way I'd expect them to be most useful in Melamine coated and veneered plywood where both top and bottom tear out are a problem. Sort of like using a combo up and down shear router bit in those materials. Has anyone tried this?

Anthony Anderson
11-24-2008, 9:26 AM
I picked up a set over the weekend and cut some oak veneer ply, and I was really impressed with the results. There wasn't any chip out on either cross cuts, or rip cuts. I used these in a Bosch 1590EVS, with the oscillating on zero and also on the 1st setting with excellent results. When the blade oscillating is on a higher setting than 1 the chip out on crosscuts becomes progressively worse, but that is too be expected, as the oscillating feature is for faster cutting. Overall, I was very impressed. I like to break down sheets of ply into manageable pieces, and these blades will let me do the job nicely, along with my guide and circular saw.

Dewey Torres
11-24-2008, 5:06 PM
Well, I went to Lowes today, and they had 2 packages - one in the proper spot, one in the wrong spot. I don't know if I just missed them earlier, or they really weren't there. Could be I just overlooked the empty spots because the product numbers were in extremely tiny print.
Anyway, I got a pack, and had a chance to try it out and compare it to the Progressor blade that Lee suggested. These new blades cut cleaner in some 3/4 walnut I had, but it wasn't what I'd call a night and day difference. I would have no problem with using either of them, but I'd have less clean-up with the Extra Clean blades. Take a look at the pictures:

Brian,
Thanks for putting this together for us! Very informative.

Reed Wells
11-24-2008, 5:31 PM
They are great blades. I use them a lot for plunge cutting. I picked mine up from my local Ace hardware.

Brian Effinger
11-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Brian,
Thanks for putting this together for us! Very informative.

No problem :)

Curt Harms
11-25-2008, 9:31 AM
I looked in a Lowes in NY and didn't see any of the new blades. Looked in a Lowes and PA and they had several packages. I bought a pack but haven't tried them yet. Soon though.

Curt