PDA

View Full Version : Font problem

Carla Macioci
11-21-2008, 9:40 AM
Hello all, I have a problem and thought I would take it to the experts! I have a gentleman who wants me to engrave an alder wood frame for him. He was working on the "artwork" to send to me, but when I got it, it didn't include "artwork" just some names that he wanted on it. He did the names in a mac font, and said that he used vector to "draw them". He sent them to me in jpg format, and also eps. but I am unable to work with them. They are poor quality. He then gave me the name of the font, and I looked on the internet to find it, found only three places and could not use any of them, as they are mac and my computer is not a mac. I looked through my fonts to try and match it, but no luck. Any suggestions how I can work with what he has sent me. Do I need to "convert" it to something in order to use it...Hope this all makes sense. Otherwise, I'm thinking I need to tell him that if he wants me to do it, he will have to pick a font that I already have.
Thanks so much!
Carla

Doug Griffith
11-21-2008, 9:48 AM
I've got thousands of Mac fonts and may be able to help you. if you PM me with the names, typeface and your email address, I'll see if I can convert them to eps which you can import into Corel and manipulate from there.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug Griffith
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Solved this one. It was basically a file format issue.

If you use Corel and receive files from Illustrator users, be sure to ask for flattened eps files saved as version 3 with all fonts outlined. Then, in Corel, select file:import into a new blank file. Should work like a charm.

Cheeers,
Doug