PDA

View Full Version : NOTE TO SELF: Don't accept a commission for trainers

Darren Null
11-21-2008, 6:59 AM
That is all.

(well, the job came out OK-ish given that there is no flat surface on a trainer and that the chap wanted me to follow the curvature of a particular seam and that the trainers (it turned out) were covered with a flexible plastic material(!) and you have to prop the trainer up at the right angle and one of them is going to be clocked by the head on it's way back to home, so you only get one chance. But if anyone asks you to do it, I would suggest that you tell them to bugger right off. I'm going to from now on).

PS. I managed it by lightly burning masking tape to get the position, then crossing my fingers and going for it. But the stress isn't worth it, and neither were the results. They were, needless to say, a stupidly expensive pair of trainers.

Mike Null
11-21-2008, 7:17 AM
I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.

Darren Null
11-21-2008, 7:23 AM
Nobody does. It's a worry.

But if anyone asks you to personalise trainers, I'd refuse if I were you. Done it. Not good.

Justin Leiwig
11-21-2008, 7:41 AM
I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.

I believe that trainers = gym shoes in american speak. :D

Marc Myer
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Not to be confused with Personal Trainers, which are people who make a living lowering your self-esteem.

Phil Garcia
11-21-2008, 1:25 PM
Oh, I get it!!

Frank Corker
11-21-2008, 4:02 PM
Oh, I get it!!

Really, you didn't understand him?

Steven Wallace
11-21-2008, 7:16 PM
Frank, it is just that you are "the man behind the curtain". You have become a legend in all of our minds. I'm afraid that the english language, as you know and use it, was diluted severely as it crossed the pond. We wouldn't even call them gym shoes any longer. We are far more advance from every type of sports footware being called being called "Tennis Shoes" even when you weren't playing tennis. Now we come very close to your roots and call some of them "cross-trainers". No to be thought of in the context of cross dresser... but I digress. Tagging on to another post, thanks for all the suggestion and help you have offered in the last year of my lasering life. I look to your posts as an inspiration. Have a good holiday and safe travels!!!

James A. Wolfe
11-21-2008, 8:39 PM
Not to throw fuel on the fire but.....
English is the only language that you can say this and be absolutely correct:

Blackberries are red when they're green.

Ask someone who's picked berries and they'll agree.

It's also the only language in which a fat chance and a slim chance mean the same thing but a wise man and a wise guy are totally different.

Oh, the confusion...
Jim

Phil Garcia
11-22-2008, 2:48 PM
Who would ever imagine we would have so much fun over a pair of "Nike's".:D

David Epperson
11-22-2008, 3:47 PM
I thought he was lasering training rifles. LOL.

Bill Cunningham
11-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Kinda reminded me of a old saying:
"Never fall for a Tennis trainer. To them,... Love means NOTHING!

Darren Null
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh alright then. -(Trainers)+(Sneakers). Better?

I'm still not going to call them bloody elevators, sidewalks or automobiles though. {battery warning bleep} I am english, the language I'm speaking is english and it's about f

Frank Corker
11-24-2008, 9:42 PM
Oh alright then. -(Trainers)+(Sneakers). Better?

I'm still not going to call them bloody elevators, sidewalks or automobiles though. {battery warning bleep} I am english, the language I'm speaking is english and it's about f

Jolly good Darren. Spiffing stuff old chap.

Darren Null
11-28-2008, 11:41 AM
One tries, old bean.
=8-)