PDA

View Full Version : Bridgewood Planer

Micah Young
11-20-2008, 7:42 PM
I am having difficulty finding parts for my Bridgewood Planer since Wilke Tool apparently went out of business. Can anyone help? Thanks

Rob Cunningham
11-20-2008, 8:40 PM
Wilke stopped selling Bridgewood but are still in business. I think you can still order parts from them.
http://www.chwilke.com/

James Biddle
11-20-2008, 8:44 PM
I tried calling them for shaper parts two days ago and never got through. I filled out a quote request on their website, received an automated "we received your request...", but haven't heard back yet. Hope they're still around for parts.

Rick Gooden
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I sent them an email request several months ago and never heard anything from them, they may be around but I consider them gone.

Mike Wilkins
11-21-2008, 8:39 AM
Not sure what model planer you have. Some years back, FineWoodwooding magazine had an article on 15" planers from around the world. About half were from the same Taiwan factory and clones, the only difference being the color of each manufacturer. You may want to check and see if yours is similar to one still on the market. There may just be enough similarity to make the parts interchangeable, to justify checking with the manufacturer for a parts diagram. Or just check with one or more woodworking forums, like this one.

Faust M. Ruggiero
11-21-2008, 9:17 AM
Did you try calling Wilke directly. I spoke to Curt a few months ago. He was very helpful. Try 717-764-5000.