PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Angel Ornament

Eric Allen
11-20-2008, 5:36 PM
Anyone still have a copy of the angel ornament that used to be on Epilog's website? I was going to make one for mom for Christmas, but it's notably absent.

Judith Halliday
11-20-2008, 9:44 PM
I've been absent for a while nurturing our business and hitting the pavement to augment sales. Peace, love, and hope to all during the holidays.

Cheers,

:)
Judy

Hopefully, I have not been gone so long that I have forgotten how to upload a CDR.

Eric Allen
11-20-2008, 9:53 PM
Nope, you did brilliantly:D Thanks much, she's gonna be happy:)

Frank Defert
11-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Eric,

Are you cutting these out of acrylic or baltic birch plywood? Is 1/8 strong enogh ? Okay on more question. If these were for sale how much could you expect to sell them for?

Judith thanks for posting the file.

Frank

Eric Allen
11-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Eric,

Are you cutting these out of acrylic or baltic birch plywood? Is 1/8 strong enogh ? Okay on more question. If these were for sale how much could you expect to sell them for?

Judith thanks for posting the file.

Frank

I usually use basswood, it's my personal favorite as wood goes for laser work. Even 1/16 is fine, ornaments don't require a lot of structural integrity, but I probably will use 1/8. They'd probably look nice in acrylic too. I wouldn't sell them without paying the designer, I checked my email a few minutes ago and discovered why it was pulled. They say it was created by the people at this site: http://www.theartfactory.com/index.htm, Epilog pulled it when they found out that it wasn't just one of us donating it. It doesn't look like they charge much, but I wouldn't feel right about using their art beyond my family without at least their ok. Their prices are pretty reasonable, but I don't see that one for sale on the site so it might require a call or email. I saw something of similar or greater detail for about $6 on their site, so I might contact them about that. I'll have to run one for pricing, not really sure until I factor in the wood prep, time running, and qty. I think they might do well personalized. If I can get the Mrs. to cattle prod me I might call them tomorrow. It's that time of year where my clients have to spend it or loose it, so if anyone has extra time and makes the call, I'd love it if they'd post the results of it here:)

Judith Halliday
11-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Hi Guys,

It's easy to personalize. There were changes made to the original design because it tended to break in certain areas. The going price 9.99.

Cheers,
Judy

Frank Defert
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks Eric and Judith ....

Frank

Eric Allen
11-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi Guys,

It's easy to personalize. There were changes made to the original design because it tended to break in certain areas. The going price 9.99.

Cheers,
Judy

You know, I wondered if that was deviated from the original, I thought the one I saw before had a bunch of thinner areas. Since it's a derivitive work, I guess we just need your blessing:) Thanks again for posting, I was almost panicking that I'd have to design one before Thanksgiving when mom comes in and it's my busy time of year already:)

Judith Halliday
11-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Gazoontite.

Bless you and the use of the angels.

Cheers,

Judy

:D