PDA

View Full Version : New Issue of FWW

Dave Verstraete
11-20-2008, 5:26 PM
I just received the Winter Issue of FWW and they decided to use 3 pictures of my shop in the "15 Tips for Basement Workshops" article. I submitted them last spring and have been waiting for this article since then.

Is that worthy of a gloat or what?

Since they paid me for them, am I a professional now?...NOT.

Brian Effinger
11-20-2008, 6:00 PM
Definitely gloat worthy. Congratulations. That was the article I was going to read (with great interest) before bed tonight, so I look forward to seeing your shop. I have a basement shop too, and am always looking for good ideas.

John Keeton
11-20-2008, 6:53 PM
Congratulations Dave! Just got my issue today and will check out the pics. Make sure your wife understands that you are now making money from all those tools you have purchased! Gotta justify 'em somehow!

Dewey Torres
11-20-2008, 7:07 PM
Dave,
Would you be so nice to take more photos of your shop and place them in you album here on SMC. I, for one would like to see the rest of it! If not I will understand.

Dave Verstraete
11-20-2008, 7:18 PM
John - My wife won't ask about the cost of tools as long as I don't ask about the cost of looms and spinning wheels. She understands buying good tools that will last.

Dewey - I'm not sure where my "album" is. I must be missing it........?

Nancy Laird
11-20-2008, 7:21 PM
And I have to add that the photos of Dave's shop are great, but one of them is mis-labeled as someone else's.

Also, Art Mulder has a photo in that article too--of his shoes!

Dave Verstraete
11-20-2008, 7:24 PM
Nancy,
Not sure where that one is. I only have 3 photos in there....at least that's all they paid me for...HEY

Dewey Torres
11-20-2008, 7:27 PM
Dewey - I'm not sure where my "album" is. I must be missing it........?

Dave,
Go into your profile under statistics and chose albums. Look for the add album button and go for it.

Click on my name and you will see several examples under my profile.

Jim Becker
11-20-2008, 7:31 PM
Congratulations, Dave...I just got my issue, but didn't crack it open yet. But I'll be sure to check out your shop when I do!

Art Mulder
11-20-2008, 7:31 PM
And I have to add that the photos of Dave's shop are great, but one of them is mis-labeled as someone else's.

Also, Art Mulder has a photo in that article too--of his shoes!

:p:D

Thanks, Nancy. The funny thing is, they didn't tell me which of my photos they were going to use. I have been sitting here scratching my head for about 2 months now. We exchanged several emails in the Spring, but they never did say which of my suggestions made the cut.

(I haven't even gotten the mag yet, darn that border slowing things down...)

Dave Verstraete
11-20-2008, 7:34 PM
Dewey - thanks for the album tip. I think I figured it out. Now I just have to reduce the size of my photos and upload.

Dewey Torres
11-20-2008, 8:12 PM
Dave,
I see you figured it out. I can view Jake's desk! Congrats.

I will be looking forward to your shop pics and anything else you feel the need to share.:)