PDA

View Full Version : A big THANK YOU to Frank Corker

Nancy Laird
11-20-2008, 4:57 PM
As many of you know, Frank is always ready, willing, and able to step in and help with art issues, and this time is no exception---and saved our bacon! I had gotten an order for some engraving, and the customer provided the photographs that they wanted engraved on the wood. The pictures we got were color ink-jet prints from an internet site. LOML went to that site, downloaded the pictures into CorelDraw, and tried everything in the book to convert the color pictures to line drawings or something in black and white that we could engrave--with no luck.

Yesterday, after much teeth-gnashing, I broke down and contacted Frank, told him my problem, and sent him the 'net links to the pages/pictures. Lo and behold, about three hours later I got an e-mail from him with the pictures converted to line drawings and some other images that he felt might work if these didn't.

Frank, they work!!! I did a couple of sample engravings and showed them to my customer this morning--they love them and that's what they are going to get!

In case I haven't made myself clear:::

THANK YOU, FRANK!!!

Chip Peterson
11-20-2008, 5:22 PM
In my earliest of early days with my laser, Frank saved me too.

I had the customer (the one who essentially made it possible to buy the laser!), I just got the laser, I had the drive to make this work. The only thing that I didn't have was the ability! Frank saved me, and I hope to repay him some day (yeah, like I'll know something that he doesn't!).

Barb Macdonald
11-20-2008, 9:18 PM
I keep telling you guys
Frank should be made Prime Minister, of the Creek at the very least. His golf-tee spacers fired off all kinds of ideas in my head.
Amazing:)

Frank Corker
11-20-2008, 9:22 PM
Well we can't have our community struggling now can we. You know you are all more than welcome. Share the wealth.

Anyway on another note, maybe now would be a good time to mention that I won't be around for a couple of weeks from the 7th of December until the 21st. I'm finally getting to go on a holiday (the first since I retired) and I'm going to be putting my feet up in Barbados. I don't think we actually have anyone in Barbados do we? Still, I'm looking forward to going, I just love that place.

Steve Clarkson
11-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Frank,

The Nigerian's just set up an internet cafe in Barbados.....so you can check in every day at say.....2:00pm? Now, if you can just figure out how to get all your clipart in your suitcase........

Dave Coble
11-21-2008, 3:25 AM
Frank,

Have you had the flying fish??? Absolutely wonderful!! In my neck of the woods that's bait fish...who would have thought?

Frank Corker
11-21-2008, 5:14 AM
Frank,

Have you had the flying fish??? Absolutely wonderful!! In my neck of the woods that's bait fish...who would have thought?

I did try it and it wasn't too bad. I was actually more impressed with the fish when it was in and out of the water. In Barbados I didn't see any flying but when I went to the Maldives, my goodness they were impressive. Up until that point I thought they came out the water and went in 20 or 30 feet, how wrong can a person be? Out of the water and they fly like birds at amazing speed and incredibly long distances. Fantastic!

Dave Coble
11-21-2008, 9:02 AM
Where the flying fish fly in big groups is where the dolphin are. Now THAT's some good fish!!!! Not the "flipper" kind but the fish. Called Mahi-Mahi if caught in the Pacific, dolphin in the Atlantic. But yes, watching the flying fish go is amazing...using "gound effect" like the pelicans do.

Nancy Laird
12-04-2008, 1:34 PM
Frank, I just wanted to tell you "Thank you" again for the help you gave a couple of weeks ago - my job is run and finished (all 250 pieces) and the customer loves them!!!

You are DA MAN!!!

Lonny Meeks
12-04-2008, 6:33 PM
May I also join the others in a huge THANK YOU to Frank!! Always willing to lend a hand and advice to keep us out of trouble.

Thank you my friend.

Frank Corker
12-04-2008, 8:37 PM
Where the flying fish fly in big groups is where the dolphin are. Now THAT's some good fish!!!! Not the "flipper" kind but the fish. Called Mahi-Mahi if caught in the Pacific, dolphin in the Atlantic. But yes, watching the flying fish go is amazing...using "gound effect" like the pelicans do.

The dolphin (not flipper) tastes great, had it when we were there last time, very nice.

Nancy, you are very welcome, I'm glad your job came out on top.