PDA

View Full Version : Energy Criminals: Winning and losing.

Karl Brogger
11-20-2008, 4:19 PM
Local propane prices are 1.94, I contracted 1300 gallons at 2.37. Who'd thunk it? First time its ever backfired on me.:confused:

When is the price of diesel going to go down? I miss driving my pickup.

Joe Pelonio
11-20-2008, 4:38 PM
What are they getting for Diesel there? Here it's $2.63 - $2.99, not as low as gas but a lot better than when it was $4.99 just a few weeks ago. Sorry to hear about your hit on the propane. I heard one of the airlines did worse than that, buying lots of jet fuel futures as it was going up so fast, and now sitting on it at way more than it's selling for.

Matt Meiser
11-20-2008, 5:36 PM
Yeah, we are losing too. At least its paid for and I don't have to think about it every time we get a bill.

David G Baker
11-20-2008, 5:53 PM
I am on natural gas and my bill has increased approximately $30 a month over the same usage last year.

Karl Brogger
11-20-2008, 6:08 PM
I've seen diesel as low as $2.639 semi locally, at the closest station its still $2.869. Fuel oil is around $1.65, I want to be paying that for diesel.

Rod Sheridan
11-21-2008, 8:24 AM
Well, there is one good thing about high fuel prices, it forces us to conserve.....Rod.

Joe Pelonio
11-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I just heard an ad on the radio for a Cadillac-Hummer dealership, they actually said "with gas prices going below $2 there's no better time to buy a Hummer or Cadillac." :eek:

Sure, just wait a few weeks.

Brian Elfert
12-07-2008, 6:41 PM
I saw diesel for $2.43 at one station in the Minneapolis area this weekend. The stations near my house are still at $2.69. Some stations in Arizona are under $2 for diesel I understand

I traded my diesel car for a new gasser last weekend and now diesel prices go down! Diesel prices were not the only reason for the trade. I am pretty disappointed in the MPG of my new car since I got 31 MPG (EPA rating is 32) on a highway trip this weekend. The first tank I got 26 MPG in mixed driving.

Karl Brogger
12-07-2008, 7:00 PM
I filled up yesterday at $2.54 a gallon for diesel. Better than almost $5 a gallon, but still a total ripoff.

The mileage will get better. Everything needs to just wear in and find home.

Oil was down to $40.87 a barrel at close on Friday. So thats some good news. Kinda blows a big hole in the supply and demand theory of the energy industry. I seriously doubt we're using less than 1/2 of the petroleum we were 6 months ago.

Brian Elfert
12-07-2008, 8:36 PM
I believe supply and demand has a big part in oil prices, but demand never supported $145 a barrel. There isn't a lot of excess capacity in the oil industry so even a 5% increase in demand is enough to really inflate prices.

Kinda like a freeway on a federal holiday. It is overburdened on a normal day, but remove 5% of the cars and suddenly traffic flows much better.

Gasoline demand is down 7% or more so oil prices are going down.

As far as my car choice, I really wanted a Prius, but the cost was 50% more and I couldn't afford it. If my fuel costs went to zero my monthly transportation costs would still increase.

Bill Cunningham
12-07-2008, 8:50 PM
I just heard an ad on the radio for a Cadillac-Hummer dealership, they actually said "with gas prices going below $2 there's no better time to buy a Hummer or Cadillac." :eek:

Sure, just wait a few weeks.

I'd love to have a Hummer, just so I could slap a sticker on the back that says "It ain't easy being green" :D I'm hoping the gas price is still low this summer, my boat burns a heck of a lot more than a hummer.. Took a trip up the local inland waterway this summer, went 125 miles, and burned just slightly more than $600.00 in fuel.. I love to get it to burn fuel like the miserly Hummer!

Steve Clardy
12-07-2008, 8:59 PM
Just bought some more LPG for $1.87
Its been steadily going down here

Karl Brogger
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Just bought some more LPG for $1.87
Its been steadily going down here

Hey, thanks for rubbin' it in buddy! ugh.......

At least I know I'm not the only one who contracts every year, just never been bitten by it.

Barry Nelson
12-08-2008, 2:46 AM
Betcha once the prices get too low the bludgers will stop producing it!:mad:

Tom Godley
12-08-2008, 12:47 PM
The propane delivery for my shop heaters last week was 2.89 a gallon.

I do not use much so it is more expensive - even at the cheapest price for larger deliveries it is more than $237.00 :(

Cliff Rohrabacher
12-08-2008, 6:01 PM
And to think, they used to throw that stuff away.