PDA

View Full Version : Newegg

Peter Stahl
11-20-2008, 4:07 PM
Anyone order from Newegg? It seems they have something special with their web site. Some PC's I can get in to the site others just a line of script shows up then nothing. Had the site up with Firefox which usually doesn't work then after the third screen nothing again. I used to have to use IE in order to get into their site but that's not even working on the PC I'm writing this from. Any clue what could be wrong. Just loaded the newest Javascript. Thanks for any replies.

Ted Shrader
11-20-2008, 4:12 PM
Peter -

Have seen the Firefox/IE thing before. Firefox usually works, but when it doesn't IE will. Haven't seen the other issues you discuss. NewEgg has good prices/products and quick shipping on computer electronics for those of you that have not been there before.

Regards,
Ted

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-20-2008, 4:15 PM
Haven't seen those issues before, but I've used IE when on their site. I've had good experience ordering from them.

Peter Stahl
11-20-2008, 4:19 PM
I agree, great people to deal with but wonder why it usually doen't work with FF? Guess I'll have to try another PC, got some christmas shopping to do! I sent them a email a while back and they said there wasn't a problem that they were aware of. Thought maybe someone here knew what the malfunction was.

Andrew Derhammer
11-20-2008, 4:57 PM
Works with firefox for me, and i've ordered from there before.

Matt Meiser
11-20-2008, 5:35 PM
I've used them several times since they were almost a brand new company. Their prices and speed are great. Never had a need for customer service.

John Keeton
11-20-2008, 5:41 PM
Another satisfied customer!

David G Baker
11-20-2008, 5:50 PM
Peter,
I had problems viewing their products last year with Windows XP but when I upgraded to a new machine and Vista I haven't had a problem. I may have had my security settings in the highest mode or cookies not allowed.
I have purchased from them in the past and like most posters in this thread I was very happy. Good price, brand name merchandise and very fast delivery.

Anthony Anderson
11-20-2008, 5:56 PM
Peter, I have purchased from them before, and has went fine. They did ship fast. Two days ago, I received one of their email specials, and was going to make a purchase, and I was reading some of their reviews, as to returns and policy complaints. Newegg does not accept returns on some items, computer memory was what I was looking at, and if they do approve you for a return (you have to get prior approval, called a RMA, before you can send anything back), then the customer must pay for return shipping. In their policy, they state, that they cannot control whether something is defective or not, and therefore they cannot/will not pay for returns. After reading their return policy, it seemed that they were not very customer oriented/friendly, if you happened to have problems. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems when I ordered from them. Amazon's price for the item that I was considering, was only $3 or $4 more than Newegg's "Hot Deal". I know Amazon will take care of me, if I have any problems with my purchases. So I just ordered from Amazon. No affiliation with either company, other than very satisfied customer of Amazon, and former customer of Newegg. Not saying that you should avoid Newegg, but this is just what I found. This is just the way I feel about these two companies. When I experience excellent service, then I let others know. Word of mouth is the best/worst advertisement. Regards, Bill

Peter Stahl
11-20-2008, 7:58 PM
thanks for the replies. I went home and used my laptop with Vista and FF with no problem. Other PC's had XP Pro so it could be a XP problem. Ordered from Newegg before and this time they had a special deal on a camera the wife wanted. Guess I'll use this PC when I want to order from Newegg. Amazon is probably the site I do buy the most from and always use it for comp shopping. Unless it's a good deal or something hard to find I try and buy locally plus I work in tax free Delaware.