PDA

View Full Version : Highland Hardware Wood Slicer Blade

Herb Blair
03-13-2003, 8:57 PM
I installed a "Wood Slicer" band saw blade from Highland Hardware on my Jet 14" Band Saw this afternoon. Wow! what a difference. I had been using a Woodcraft blade previous, There is absolutely no comparison. The HH blade is quieter and cuts Quarter Sawn White Oak like it was butter. It's well worth the money.
Just wanted to share that with yall.

:)

Stan Smith
03-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Yep. I thought that Timberwolf was the best until I tried the woodslicer. I also have the Jet 14".

John Longwitz
03-14-2003, 6:11 AM
Just got one a couple weeks ago and wonder why I waited so long. Guess it was HH had a big sale. I've only got a Delta 10" but, after installing it, and a set of "cool blocks", I resawed a 4" piece of white oak with almost no resistance. Wow!

Ken Dolph
03-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Don't tell Highland but I have been recomending their blade for resawing Corian for years. For some reason they have been tough on my customers when they order it and tell them they want to use it on Corian.

They seem to last for years.

Ken

Dennis McDonaugh
03-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Ditto the woodslicer, best bandsaw blade I've used (haven't sprung for a carbide blade yet). I just wish they had spec'ed the right length for my saw. The one they recommended turned out to be just a tad short and hard to get on the saw. They have corrected the problem now.