PDA

View Full Version : Corel Bitmap issues

Martin Boekers
11-20-2008, 1:10 PM
I'm running Corel Draw 11

I'm having issues with one computer.

I have 4 computers in the shop. One is my master, they are not networked together so I use a thumbdrive when neccessary to transfer files.

When I download from the thumb drive to say computer "B" the bit map comes out like the mountains in the attched file (bad) the rest of file is fine. If I down load it to computer "C" or "D" it comes out fine.

This only started happening a few weeks ago. I have reinstalled the software but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marty

Joe Pelonio
11-20-2008, 1:35 PM
Perhaps that one computer lacks enough memory to open the whole file, try closing all applications on it, reboot, then open just Corel and try again. if that doesn't work I'm stumped.

Doug Griffith
11-20-2008, 1:37 PM
so I use a thumbdrive when neccessary to transfer files.

That's called "Sneaker Net".

A few questions that may help shed some light:
1) Is it just the display or does it output bad as well?
2) have you tried importing other bitmap file formats?
3) Did you do a clean install and clear all your prefs?

Cheers,
Doug

Martin Boekers
11-20-2008, 3:07 PM
Yes it does engrave as pictured,
Yes I have tried other formats same result,
and yes it was a clean install.

These are files that have previously worked so that's confusing, also it just being on one computer. I have reformatted the thumbdrive and resaved them and tried again same result.

I have tried restarting Corel too and set it back to the defaults.

I defraged the hard drive & went through a basic disc repair process & ran a virus scan, nothing abnormal.

Does this sound like a Corel issue, a computer issue or even an XP issue?

Thanks for your help!

Marty

Doug Griffith
11-20-2008, 8:40 PM
Yes it does engrave as pictured,
Yes I have tried other formats same result,
and yes it was a clean install.

These are files that have previously worked so that's confusing, also it just being on one computer. I have reformatted the thumbdrive and resaved them and tried again same result.

I have tried restarting Corel too and set it back to the defaults.

I defraged the hard drive & went through a basic disc repair process & ran a virus scan, nothing abnormal.

Does this sound like a Corel issue, a computer issue or even an XP issue?

Thanks for your help!

Marty

It sounds like a Corel issue. Possibly a dll that is shared with the system or another app. Do bitmaps appear correct in other apps - Corel Paint in particular?

You should post this problem in the Corel forum.
http://coreldraw.com/forums/

Cheers,
Doug