PDA

View Full Version : Update on stolen tools

Jeff Cremers
11-20-2008, 12:18 PM
http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=855176

Here was my original post about my storage unit that was broken into and most of my tools (woodworking and other tools) were stolen.

Updates

The guy(s) were stealing stuff and taking it the 225 miles south to Mexico to sell it. One was arrested I called to check on the case today and was extremely sour at the outcome. He was given a total of seven months in jail. I don't know if he will do the whole thing or any of that stuff .
He is in this county illegally and has priors and was arrested for another bugulary thats how they were able to add the charges of the one he did on the 57 storage units (mine included). This scumbag gets seven months for breaking into 57 storage units and another place and has priors and should not even be in this country to begin with. I just don't get understand our legal system (notice I didn't say justice system).

Good news Update
I recieved my money from the insurance company and bought better stuff including a 8" jointer and 115" planer from Grizzly and hopefully a little extra help for live MS cashback and replaced most of the other stuff.

I have moved into a wonderful house with a little bigger garage and now have a storage shed for lawn stuff. No more sharing space for the lawnmower and the tablesaw (the never really got along).

I was able to recover router table, sliver silverware that we recieved for our wedding (still have not used the stuff) , scrollsaw and one tool box, a few XXX dvd's I laughed when I saw them and made a joke to the Dectetive and then realized they were mine (yes I did get them back over the laughter in the evidence warehouse) a few other things like a box full of size 12 shoes and a box of my shirts. from the truck that was infront of the place when the cops showed up.

I was able to help a friend out with some of the cash (loan) when he needed it.

In the end, everything turned out ok. I'm still a lock freak with new tools and Life goes on. :cool:

Jeff

I think I''m going to break out the fancy silverware for Christmas this year.

Steven DeMars
11-20-2008, 12:50 PM
an alarm system ! ! ! !

Mike Hess
11-20-2008, 2:12 PM
an alarm system ! ! ! !

Agreed; mine puts off 128dB if anyone gets too close to my adult DVD's. :D

All kidding aside, glad to hear that you got replacements for your tools, and at least he perpetrator was caught and got some amount of punishment

Ray Newman
11-20-2008, 2:58 PM
"The guy(s) were stealing stuff and taking it the 225 miles south to Mexico to sell it. One was arrested I called to check on the case today and was extremely sour at the outcome. He was given a total of seven months in jail. I don't know if he will do the whole thing or any of that stuff . He is in this county illegally and has priors and was arrested for another bugulary thats how they were able to add the charges of the one he did on the 57 storage units (mine included). This scumbag gets seven months for breaking into 57 storage units and another place and has priors and should not even be in this country to begin with. ..."

How many times have we heard: "they're just doing jobs Americans don't do"??

Chris Padilla
11-20-2008, 4:11 PM
...and 115" planer from Grizzly...

:eek: Wow! :eek:

What did that set you back??

Greg Cole
11-20-2008, 7:03 PM
How many times have we heard: "they're just doing jobs Americans don't do"??
My day job deals with industrial food processing machinery. If you eat any flesh specifically, don't bash illegals as they are the labor force of almost every single meat processing plant in this country.... unless you and a few millions other hard working American citizens would like to work for $8 an hour on a processing line. I removed and installed my own roof, 3 long days of rump busting work.... another line of work usually not done my "hard working Americans". Shall I continue?
That said, I have no tolerance for thieves of any sort. Stealing is one of the lower forms of crime in my less than humble opinion.... our country is full of criminals, simply pointing the finger at those without a green card is silly.
Glad things worked out for you Jeff. Getting back wedding gifts is far more important as some cast iron.

Chris Padilla
11-20-2008, 7:06 PM
Okay, let's not go too far OT here....

Dave Verstraete
11-20-2008, 7:09 PM
Jeff
Good to see that you got some items back. You need to pawn the silver and buy some "iron"

Dave Mura
11-20-2008, 7:21 PM
Good to hear that everything turned out just fine for you.

Rob Russell
11-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Okay, let's not go too far OT here....

And make sure that the thread doesn't go political our we'll need to start editing/yank it. This topic definitely has the potential to go off topic and into the political arena.

Jeff - congrats on the recovery from the theft.

Ray Newman
11-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Greg: from 1967 until 2001 I lived & worked in the San Francisco Bay Area. I know & spoke w/, & heard of far too many former union drywallers, painters, cement trades & mason, house framers, & yes roofers, who are out of work, took cut in pay, etc., because of cheaper & often times illegal workers.

Before the influx of illegal workers into the food processing plants, who held those jobs? Did the former workers work for low wages also & how many were union scale jobs? Same w/ the building maintenance trades in LA.