PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot yearly tool sale

Joe Von Kaenel
11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Howdy,

It seems that Home Depot has a yearly tool sale. Does anyone know what month they usually have the sale? Thanks

Joe

glenn bradley
11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
This may or may not be what you are talking about; around here there is a sale of sorts about twice a year. I was told by the local manager that it is seasonal based on when corporate decides its time to re-org the store for the alternate product offerings. It always cracks me up when people act like SoCal has seasons . . .

At any rate, the two local HD's here use in stock tools to setup the new demo BBQ's, Lawn tractors, Tools sheds, floor samples and build the new displays and such. Following their efforts (and in sync with the seasonal sales if all goes well) these tools go to the clearance table. I've gotten a few good buys there but it is amazing what the gorillas at HD can do to tools in a few days; lost cases, wrenches, manuals . . . they really just don't seems to care or they are just that thick. I'm not complaining; their carelessness is my gain ;-)

John Peterson
11-21-2008, 12:48 AM
I think what your talking about is the "Tool Event" where the more you spend, the more you save. I know the last one that they had was in the month of October last year, thats when I bought my tablesaw (which I wish I never would have bought). So far they havent run one. I too was waiting, but gave up.

Craig D Peltier
11-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Id go the ridgid forum and ask this or just look for it.

Joe Von Kaenel
11-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks, if you hear about HD tool sales please let us know. Have a great Thangsgiving.

Joe