PDA

View Full Version : Harpsichord

Bill Sampson
06-02-2004, 9:23 AM
Aaron,
In April, I posted a picture of an 18th. century French harpsichord I am building. You mentioned that you would like to play a two part invention on this piece. It is currently in Atlanta being strung and voiced and will be returned to my home in Richmond next week; concert ready. I will have the piece here for a couple days for final touch up, (10th & 11th) and you are welcome to come and play it prior to delivery if you want. Send me an e-mail.
Bill Sampson, Richmond

Aaron Koehl
06-02-2004, 11:49 AM
That would be really neat! I'll see what my schedule holds next week.
Just curious-- What is the final destination for this instrument? Is it going to an
education institution, concert hall, private collector, enthusiast, homeowner.. etc?

Do you play?

Bill Sampson
06-03-2004, 8:52 AM
Aaron,
Thanks for your response. This instrument is a gift, from a very special lady, to a large church in Richmond in memory of her husband, who was quite musical. The primary purpose will be for concerts and the occasional wedding. The components cost over $14,000, and my part was to save an additional $14M to build and complete the unit.
I don't play, and didn't really know a lot about the harpsichord. I have, however, learned a lot in the past 8 months. My wife plays piano and organ, but has never played an 18th. centruy piece. She now wants one!!
We are not too far from you, and you certainly are welcome to come, see, and play this piece. Bill Sampson, Richmond

Mac McAtee
06-03-2004, 1:48 PM
For us who won't be able to travel to Richmond for the concert, could you post some pictures?

Greg Heppeard
06-03-2004, 2:50 PM
I'd like to hear it too....wav files?