PDA

View Full Version : Cross for Christening ornament

Lisa Walter
11-19-2008, 8:36 PM
Does anyone have a nice looking cross to share? I have a request for a few ornaments as gifts for a Godmother and Godfather and the crosses I have are very dramatic! I was looking for something more kid-like, but not too basic. Know what I mean? I did a search through this site and didn't see much and also the net, but try typing "cross clipart" into google and see what you get! Holy smokes!

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Frank Corker
11-19-2008, 9:30 PM
Wow first time anyone has asked for some clipart that isn't very good. Didn't think I'd ever get to offer this stuff. Just kidding.... (well a bit)

Lisa Walter
11-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Wow first time anyone has asked for some clipart that isn't very good. Didn't think I'd ever get to offer this stuff. Just kidding.... (well a bit)

Thanks Frank! I can't take a look at it until I go out into the shop tomorrow morning but I appreciate anything you took the time to send! And you always make me smile :)

Bill Cunningham
11-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I have to be careful, these things burn my fingers..

This one can be enlarged and cut from anything.. The one shown is cut from 1/16" wood, and very fragile..

Phil Garcia
11-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Here is one that I used that the customer seem to like.

Lisa Walter
11-20-2008, 7:06 AM
I have to be careful, these things burn my fingers..

This one can be enlarged and cut from anything.. The one shown is cut from 1/16" wood, and very fragile..

Thanks for sharing! You are as funny as Frank!

Lisa

Lisa Walter
11-20-2008, 7:07 AM
Here is one that I used that the customer seem to like.

Thanks Phil! I will take a look at it once I get out to the shop. I can't see this stuff up in the house without the corel software on this computer.

Lisa

Stephen Beckham
11-21-2008, 9:58 AM
Lisa,

Here's another option with results posted. The small crucifix was a gift blessed by Pope John Paul II before he passed (fella's vacation to the vatican). He wanted it presented it some way special so the receipient could leave it or take it off and wear it.

You'll note on the cdr file a rectangle that was just to just burn a slot deep enought to put some tacky glue in there to hold it in place. Wouldn't take much to remove it if desired.

Steve

Judith Halliday
11-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm adverse to upgrading to a higher version of CDR. :eek: Can these templated be posted in version 8?

Unless someone makes a compelling reason why I should upgrade, I'd appreciate the lower level files.

Cheers,
Judy

Frank Corker
11-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Version 8. As for upgrading from that to say x3 or x4, the leap is enormously huge. The benefits are way more than you have ever imagined and it will make you so much more powerful than you are now.