PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0555 105" blade won't go on after riser added

Doug Rogers
11-19-2008, 7:29 PM
I just added the Grizzly riser kit to my G055 14" band saw. Everything went together fine. The problem is that the new 105" blades will not fit on the wheels. I put the top part of the blade on the top wheel and put the blade behind the side blade guards. I then went to the bottom wheel and attempted to put the blade on the wheel. It is not even close.

I originally tried to put a 3/16" Timberwolf on. When that didn't work I tried to put the blade that came with the riser kit on and that doesn't fit either. The tension is released from the blade with the handle.

Any suggestions as to how to get the 105" blade on? Thanks for all your help.

Doug Rogers

Cary Falk
11-19-2008, 7:36 PM
Did you also unscrew the tension knob all the way so the upper wheel is as low as it can go?

Fred Belknap
11-19-2008, 8:04 PM
I'm thinking that the indexing pins may not be aligned. If the extension is tilted back a bit it could make a difference.

Sean Kinn
11-19-2008, 8:20 PM
Did you also unscrew the tension knob all the way so the upper wheel is as low as it can go?

Cary is onto it here. I have the G0555x with a riser and just had the blade off the other day. You have to really unscrew the tension knob quite a ways, then at one point it will really "loosen up" and the upper wheel will drop allowing you to slip the blade on.

Doug Rogers
11-19-2008, 9:30 PM
Thanks for the tension screw info. I unscrewed it, but I guess it didn't go far enough. I will unscrew it further and see if that solves the problem. I will report back.

Doug

Doug Rogers
11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
You guys rock!!!! Your information was dead on. I got the blade on and I didn't have to wait for Grizzly tech support to open. Another example of the excellent resource we have at the Creek.

Thanks again for your help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug Rogers

Chris Schumann
11-20-2008, 9:05 AM
I'm glad you got yours on, Doug.

In case anyone else might have issues, I had a little trouble with my Jet 14" and the riser block. Even after loosening the tension all the way, the wheels were still too far apart. There's a part of the upper wheel housing that slides into the hole on the upper part of the saw when it's not under tension, so the upper wheel was up too high. Simply pulling that cover backwards allowed the wheel to fall another 1/4" or so, and the blade slid right on.