PDA

View Full Version : Settings for Rowmark Laser Max

Tom Ravenscroft
11-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi Guys

I need some more input please. I am trying to make up some samples using samples pieces from Rowmark.

I tried engraing some letters onto lasermax, but didn't get any decent results until i upped the DPI fro 300 to 500.

Using a 50W laser what sort of DPI, speed (inch/m or mm/s) and power should I use to get the quickest result, but ensure nice clean edges and removal of all the material.

I was told by the local agent that an Epilog 35W would do it at 800m/s at 25-30% power and 1000DPI.

For a start, I think my 50W Chinese laser will only go to 500m/s. I ran it at 500DPI, 300m/s and 50% power. The line spacing was 0.051, which equates to the 500DPI.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Tom

andy blackett
11-19-2008, 4:30 PM
Hi Tom,

We run an epilog mini 24 (35 watt) our settings for lasermax are 80% speed and 37% power and 600dpi. We used to run it at 100% speed but found with the bulk we were doing it was taking its tole on the machine. Kind of like driving your car at 100mph all day, it'll do it but you wouldnt like the service bills!

Hope this helps
Andy

Phil Garcia
11-20-2008, 8:14 AM
Tom, I found on my machine, I ran Speed 100 / Power 70, Vector at Speed 30 and Power 65 but the big difference was when I set the Frequency at 5000Hz instead of 2500Hz which I normally cut at. I hope this helps.

Mike Null
11-20-2008, 8:45 AM
On material like plastic and even anodized aluminum high dpi will frequently cause loss of detail rather than an increase. I would run it at not more than 500 dpi even lower if you're satisfied with the result.

Vicki Rivrud
11-22-2008, 7:08 PM
Hi Tom,
I also have a Chinese 150 watt laser. I have been trying all different ways to engrave this material. My project is our business card with our logo.

I have masked, I have vectorized everything including my font. No success yet. I am making some progress with two passes instead of 1 hard pass.

500 to 600 dpi is the recommended DPI but sometimes my edges & corners are to heavily burned, almost through. I am only using 15% power with 900 speed. Again I am finding that speed is relative to the machines /sec ability.

Which laser do you have and which software? Which lens? How long have you been using it?

I am using Lasercut 5.3 . I think my next try is going to be an output from Corel as an image instead of the vectorized AutoCAD file.

I'll keep you posted on my progress, been learning the quirks of the "Chinese" laser & it's software since March and I have had great Tech support from Perfect. They have made great progress in updates & advancements since then as well.

Hope to hear from you,
Vicki
JR Laser Solutions