PDA

View Full Version : Wife Did a Good Turn

Jon Lanier
11-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Well no, she didn't turning anything on the lathe. Our dryer unexpectedly broke down (Motor) and it needs to be replaced. I told her to take my pens to work and she can take whatever she sells and put it towards a new dryer.

She sold only one (1) pen for $35.00. She also took a bunch of bowls and my latest vase and sold $300 worth. To bad she only gets the pen money, I didn't say anything about the bowl money. :rolleyes:

We are still short for the dryer, so she is going to give pens another try tomorrow.

Steve Schlumpf
11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Jon - I know what you are talking about - my wife has actually sold more of my turnings than I have! Hope she sells lots more!

David Drickhamer
11-18-2008, 10:36 PM
So far she has enough for a hunk of rope and some clothes pins. What more does she need.:D

OHHHH I'm going to catch it now.

michael gallagher
11-19-2008, 10:58 AM
So far she has enough for a hunk of rope and some clothes pins. What more does she need.:D

That made me laugh out loud!

Brian Brown
11-19-2008, 11:08 AM

Catch it for what? Seems to me you are being totally reasonable and very generous. She could always get just the clothes pins and hang the laundry from tree branches, saving the cost of the rope! :D Now give me a hand finishing this doghouse, and let's make it comfy. It will come in handy for the next little while. :(

Paul Atkins
11-19-2008, 1:35 PM
Seems to me she has $335 for "our" dryer. I bet you don't want to be wearing wet clothes this winter. Unless that doghouse has heat. And I don't think the rope will be for hanging clothes. (Yeah, but I've only been married 4 1/2 years)

David Drickhamer
11-19-2008, 1:59 PM
The reason for the rope is there should not be any branches to hang clothes from. All the trees should be roughed out into bowls. I just haven't figured out what to try the rope to yet.

All kidding aside, I hope she sells lots of stuff for you. My wife takes pens to work to sell and ends up giving them away. Oh well, I guess I turn for pleasure not profit.
Dave

Norm Zax
11-20-2008, 2:52 AM
You guys take pens to work. I usually bring pens FROM work. Am I getting something wrong here?
Kidding aside, SWMBO is probably most people's best agent.

Ed Frie
11-20-2008, 9:39 AM

You better be careful what she does with that hunk of rope.

john taliaferro
11-20-2008, 4:36 PM
their is only one answer to this ? . 31 how is that momma aint happy:rolleyes:

Jon Lanier
11-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Okay, I'm to lazy to take a picture. But the dryer has been purchased, picked up and is now plugged into the wall sitting next to the Washer.

I got two pens on special order/request. One of which is the most expensive pen I've ever have done/will do. It'll take a few weeks to get done. I'll post it when done. So, major thing is.... she got her dryer and I'm a happy man. :D

David Drickhamer
11-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Congrats on the dryer. Looking forward to seeing those pens.
Dave