PDA

View Full Version : Pet tag vector outlines

Dave Johnson29
11-18-2008, 4:30 PM
Hi all,

Yup even more questions. I have some sample pet tags and a local breeder is interested in giving away personalized tags with each puppy she sells.

Since there are about 5 tag-shapes that she likes I thought of cutting squares of 3" x 3" in 1/8" acrylic and then make the tag cutout in the center.

With the cutout in the middle of the 3" x 3", I can just drop the tag and the acrylic on the table and know exactly where to burn the info.

Does anyone have vector art for the more common shapes? The dog-bone, the round one, ooops, I can do that, the heart etc.

Thanks in advance.

Tim Bateson
11-18-2008, 5:16 PM
The dogs are very likely to eat the acrylic. I know the aluminum tags on my dog are all chewed up.

Frank Corker
11-18-2008, 5:42 PM
Tim, next time put the aluminium tags on a chain and instead of putting it around the dogs ankle, hang it round it's neck!

Mike Mackenzie
11-18-2008, 7:26 PM
Attached is the vector files for all or most of chewbarka's tags there will probably be something you can work with in here.

Dave Johnson29
11-18-2008, 8:13 PM
Attached is the vector files for all or most of chewbarka's tags there will probably be something you can work with in here.

Thanks Mike,

I am going to have to give you my first born if you keep doing great stuff for me like this!! :D:D

Dave Johnson29
11-18-2008, 8:18 PM
The dogs are very likely to eat the acrylic.

Er Tim, :D The acrylic is for positioning the aluminum tags on the table.

The plan is to have a tag-profile cutout of the 3" x 3" square acrylic for each of the tag shapes. With the tag cutout positioned in the center of the square I just need to make the sure the text does not exceed each individual tag width. That way I do not have to setup Corel up for each different size tag.

Peter Meacham
11-18-2008, 8:40 PM
Frank - you are too funny - thanks for the laugh!

Tim Bateson
11-18-2008, 9:12 PM
My mistake Dave. See Frank, even the best of us are "bone" heads sometimes. :cool:

I'll punish myself by going to my laser room & not coming out until I run out of projects... Well maybe until my wife says I'm done for the night. :D

Shaddy Dedmore
11-18-2008, 9:46 PM
I used one sheet for all my tags, instead of one piece for each one. I used the common shapes (circles/bone) more than one so i can do multiple copies. Once you have a template in corel made, and you outline/cut out the shapes, you're aligned. I made mine black and rastered, but came out a little oversized so i have to make sure I have it centered. I think next time I'd vector cut it then glue on a back (faster).

when just doing one or two at a time, just vectoring lightly (not cutting) would be enough of an outline so you can line things up. if you do many at once it would probably not be as easy to keep from knocking some out of place.

Shaddy

PS use Laser Buzz designs of pets (after you color in some places) on some round ones, or other files to dress up the tags. (yes, i know I did the lab reversed)

http://www.shaddysengraving.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/Lasered%20023.jpg

Dave Johnson29
11-19-2008, 10:21 AM
I used one sheet for all my tags, instead of one piece for each one.

Hi Shaddy,

Thanks a cool suggestion, I had not thought about the graphic. I am opting for individual 3" x 3" so I can burn the same text on different shapes for the same customer so they have a back-up if the dog ditches the collar somewhere. Those pesky critters. :)

I am not sure if this is common, but my laser (old) has 1M of memory and a repeat button on the front panel. I would just swap out the 3" x 3" hit "repeat" and burn again.

Dave Johnson29
11-19-2008, 10:26 AM
My mistake Dave. See Frank, even the best of us are "bone" heads sometimes.

Hi Tim,

I had to laugh as I was penning that one. I too thought of our "mistake" mentor over in the chilly wilds of the UK. Of course though, I never make mistakes. :rolleyes: ;);)