PDA

View Full Version : Rubber stamps made with laser polymer ?

Nadia Zois
11-18-2008, 3:37 PM
Hi guys :)

I am new here. I just ordered a versalaser I have not got it yet but I wanted to get some supplies ready for when it gets here. One thing I want to make is rubber stamps. I read here on a thread that laser cutting rubber is horrible and smells really badly and they recommended using a laser polymer.

Do any of you guys know where I could order some of the laser polymer? Or is there any other products you recommend using to make stamps?

Mike Mackenzie
11-18-2008, 3:59 PM
You can try these guys http://www.rubberstampmaterials.com/

Andy Wingfield
11-18-2008, 4:41 PM
Hi Nadia,

Trodat sells materials for rubber stamp production.

Regards,

Andy Wingfield
Wanlaser

John Volkmar
11-18-2008, 7:34 PM
The manufacturer for laser polymer for stamps is Stewart Superior at www.stewartsuperior.com (http://www.stewartsuperior.com)

Steve Clarkson
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM
When I went to Stewarts website, the only laser polymer for stamps that I could find seemed to be liquid....and I think that would drip right through my laser bed before I could engrave it......but I did see those "clear" stamps on their website which look like acrylic (made with photopolymer). Is anyone familiar with these?

John Volkmar
11-19-2008, 7:13 AM
When I went to Stewarts website, the only laser polymer for stamps that I could find seemed to be liquid....and I think that would drip right through my laser bed before I could engrave it......but I did see those "clear" stamps on their website which look like acrylic (made with photopolymer). Is anyone familiar with these?

You're right, I don't know why they hide this product on their web site, but you can get some if you call the company directly. I know because they shipped me a sheet in September to produce some stamp dies.

Steve Clarkson
11-19-2008, 8:38 AM
So, can you cut and engrave the clear stuff? How do the stamps work, compared to rubber stamps?