PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox cabinet saw question

Ron Jones near Indy
03-13-2003, 8:22 PM
I had planned to order a Griz G1023sl saw this summer. I have found, however, that a Shop Fox dealer is within a 3 1/2 hour drive and is selling the Shop Fox for about the same price as the Griz plus shipping. I understand that they are essentially the same saw. This dealer is also a Shop Fox service center. As I see it, the location, service and 2 year warranty lead me to the Shop Fox. Does the Griz have advantages that I am not aware of? Yes, I do believe this is the preliminary announce of a major gloat.:D

Paul Kunkel
03-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Ron Jones near Indy
I had planned to order a Griz G1023sl saw this summer. I have found, however, that a Shop Fox dealer is within a 3 1/2 hour drive and is selling the Shop Fox for about the same price as the Griz plus shipping. I understand that they are essentially the same saw. This dealer is also a Shop Fox service center. As I see it, the location, service and 2 year warranty lead me to the Shop Fox. Does the Griz have advantages that I am not aware of? Yes, I do believe this is the preliminary announce of a major gloat.:D
Same saw-different Paint. If you're comfortable with the dealer and the distance -go for it!:D Either one is a very good saw!

Ken Wright
03-14-2003, 8:06 AM
I bought the Shop Fox Cabinet saw about 6 months ago. IMHO you can't do any better ... especially when you consider the cost.

I would however recommend that you get the long rails if you have the room for them in your shop.

It came out of the box with almost perfect alignments and to this day I haven't had to do anything other than a weekly cleaning. Its a fine saw. I got mine with the long rails and delta mobile base for $1042. You might do some research on the shop fox mobile base ... the delta does not fit quite as well as I would prefer.

Good Luck ... its a great saw!!

Bob Lasley
03-14-2003, 8:54 AM
Ron,

My experience same as Ken's. My saw was pretty much dead on right out of the box. Fit and finish was great.

This is the same saw as the Grizzly. Only real differences I could tell, other than the paint, was different hand wheels and bigger, beefier miter gauge. I would not hesitate to recommend this saw.

Bob

Kent Cori
03-14-2003, 9:02 AM
I don't have the Shop Fox saw but do own the Griz 1023SL. As noted above, the saws are almost identical. I'd get the SF in the situation you describe.

I do have the Shop Fox mobile base under my saw. I must move the saw every time I use it since I have a garage workshop that must also allow for my wife's and daughter's cars. :( It works great and is an excellent value. I strongly recommend you add it to your saw purchase.

steve banks
03-14-2003, 9:46 AM
Other than the paint, correct me if I'm wrong, the rpm's of the motors are different by a few 100 rpms.

Ron Jones near Indy
03-14-2003, 8:20 PM
Think I'll have a fox in the shop in a few days..