PDA

View Full Version : Calling all G0513X2 owners (again!)

Jim Kountz
11-17-2008, 7:57 PM
Im curious to hear how other G0513X2 owners go about setting the guides on their saws. Do you go the feeler gauge route or use the ol folded dollar bill or sight by eye?? Im experimenting with different methods and finding some more useful than others. Im setting it up now for a 3/8" x 6 timberwolf. I first did the 3/4" Woodslicer and man that was like a hot knife through warm butter. I made several slices off an 8" cherry board of only .025" Not bad I thought!

glenn bradley
11-17-2008, 8:28 PM
I used to use a slip of paper but have graduated to eye-ball now ;-)

Barry Vabeach
11-17-2008, 8:57 PM
Jim, I am going by eye - loosen nut, rotate upper wheel by hand, then turn bearing in by hand until it just starts rotating, then turn it out so that it doesn't move with the blade moving, lock that one down, confirm it isn't rotating when I turn the upper wheel, then repeat for other bearings. don't know if that is right, though I am guessing the goal is to keep the bearing from being in constant contact with the blade, so I figure this system does that.

jerry nazard
11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
I am using the folded slip of paper after setting the guides similar to Barry's approach in the previous post.

Anyone having tensioning or tracking problems with 3/16" (or 1/8") blades on the G0513?

John Keeton
11-18-2008, 7:16 AM
I eyeball them. Too hard to access for any other method - or maybe I am just too lazy!

Pat Germain
11-18-2008, 1:03 PM
At first, I used a feeler gauge. This took a lot of time. I found just eyeballing the bearings works just as well; actually better. Like others have said, I leave just enough of a gap to keep the bearings from spinning when the blade isn't cutting.