PDA

View Full Version : 2009 grizzly bandsaws

Jim Barstow
11-17-2008, 6:41 PM
I was on the verge of ordering either a grizzly 514x2 or 636x bandsaw and then I saw a post mentioning there would be improved models coming out in january, 2009. Anyone have information on these improvements and whether they are worth waiting for?

Anthony Whitesell
11-17-2008, 9:51 PM
FYI. New models January 2009, New pricing January 2009.

Jim Barstow
11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
FYI. New models January 2009, New pricing January 2009.

any specifics?

Anthony Whitesell
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
All Shiraz said was that there was no summer sale and probably no prices increases until the end of the year (to me no price increase was a "sale"). He reiterated in a thread on here recently that the prices will go up at the end of December.

Sorry no details were given about the new equipment to be released next year.

Sean Kinn
11-18-2008, 1:43 PM
Here is what Shiraz mentioned in another post where someone was asking about the G0636x:

John Stan - if you do not get a response from an actual user of this saw, please call the Grizzly toll free line and ask for a reference for that saw. They will find an owner close to your zip code that owns one and you can then get an unbiased opinion from an owner of the G0636X saw.

I am so confident about the quality and performance of this saw that I am willing to give my (biased) opinion openly on this forum - You will love this saw!

Prices are going up Jan. 1, 2009. Also, couple of new things that will be available in January.

1) An optional cast iron support table with an adjustable height leg (for when you tilt the table) that bolts on to the existing table. This gives you almost double the table size and allows better handling of long slabs or logs of wood.
2) A built-in motor brake. This is a separate model, I believe it is the G0636XB ("B" standing for brake). More expensive by a few hundred bucks, but motor and blade stop in less than 3 secs. after machine is turned off instead of coasting for a while. No foot brake on the "B" models - not needed. This saw was introduced at IWF show and was very well received with a lot of interest and positive comments from bandsaw users as well as magazines.

For those that are curious, the optional table will fit several different models of Grizzly bandsaws. There are also several models of the brake model saws that are being introduced in the 2009 catalog.