PDA

View Full Version : Replace Wine Fridge Door w/Wooden Door

Chuck Schultz
11-17-2008, 5:54 PM
I'm building a liquor cabinet and I want to integrate a small wine fridge into the cabinet. I want to remove the door of the wine fridge and replace it with a door that matches the liquor cabinet I'm building. Has anyone ever done this either with a wine fridge or a similar appliance? Thanks.

Warren Clemans
11-17-2008, 6:50 PM
I have made wooden doors for site-built refrigeration (walk-in coolers, bar fridges). Based on my experience, I see no reason why you can't do what you propose. I would probably just start with a wood door sized to match the existing door, then add insulation to the back. I assume you can use the sealing gasket and hardware from the stock door.

fRED mCnEILL
11-17-2008, 9:35 PM
If the fridge door is flat just glue the wood to the front using a good adhesive. I did this with my kitchen fridge so it looks built in .Works great and its been in use for 5 years. I used Sikaflex 252 as the adhesive.

Fred M.

Brian Peters
11-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Depends on the manufact. but many provide spec sheets for glass overlay doors to their wine fridges. They give you the sizes (OA) and minimum gaps if the doors are inset (most likely). What fridge are you looking at? I wouldn't glue a door panel to a metal door btw; most have mounting holes so you can affix it with screws.