PDA

View Full Version : Duluth Trading

Dave Lehnert
11-17-2008, 4:23 PM
I get a catalog from Duluth Trading from time to time but have never ordered anything. I have been looking for a Shop Coat and found one on the web. (Pic below) What is the quality of there products overall? I hate they only use illustrations. Hard to tell what the product looks like in person.

Any other products worth a look at?

http://www.duluthtrading.com/services/image.aspx?path=/media/images/products/86065/86065.jpg&width=250&height=250

Gary Herrmann
11-17-2008, 5:51 PM
I've bought some hats, gloves, shirts and shorts from them. All high quality.

Tyler Howell
11-17-2008, 6:02 PM
Good stuff. I've bought many of their products. Good customer service too.

Ken Werner
11-17-2008, 7:27 PM
I've bought a few things from them. They are of good and better quality. One issue though is that my "waterproof breathable" jacket isn't quite waterproof. On the other hand, you can't get a Gortex jacket for $40, which is about what it cost, and it's well worth that and more. Some of their items do have photos, on the website. Overall, I'd buy from them again without hesitation.

Jim Becker
11-17-2008, 7:42 PM
Duluth Trading is one of my favorites places to buy a number of clothing items. I LOVE their long-tail tees and mocks. Outside of business meetings, that's what you'll find me in practically year round. I've also purchased a number of their FOM "dress" shirts and they are absolutely top quality. Nice people to do business with, too.

Roger Jensen
11-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Do a search for Duluth Trading Coupons and you can usually find some online coupon codes.

I have been very happy with their products.

Roger

Dave Lehnert
11-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Do a search for Duluth Trading Coupons and you can usually find some online coupon codes.

I have been very happy with their products.

Roger

Thanks!

I found a code for free shipping for a $50+ order. Guess what? My order total is $49.99:mad: I wish I was kidding.

Jim Becker
11-18-2008, 7:58 AM
So....buy something else!!!

Tom Pritchard
11-18-2008, 8:07 AM
Dave, I've bought a lot of merchandise from Duluth, and everything is high quality and exactly as described. I've looked at the shop coat you have pictured, but I always wondered if those pockets would end up full of dust/chips/debris all the time. Make sure you post and let us know if you buy it and how you like it! Happy shopping!:D

Lee Schierer
11-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks!

I found a code for free shipping for a $50+ order. Guess what? My order total is $49.99:mad: I wish I was kidding.
So order a pair of socks fo $9.00 and you essentially get free socks!

John Schreiber
11-18-2008, 1:18 PM
Most of my wardrobe comes from there. I hate to shop or really even pay attention to my clothes. I've got four pair of pants and eight golf shirts and a few other things from them. It's my uniform.

Prices and quality are as good as I've seen anywhere and they send coupons to make things even better.

Ed Breen
11-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Have bought quite a few items from Duluth. Still use the vest with plenty of nail pockets. My best buy was for SWMBO, a large jar of hand cream.
I've never had a bad experience .
Ed

Dave Lehnert
12-04-2008, 9:48 PM
I get a catalog from Duluth Trading from time to time but have never ordered anything. I have been looking for a Shop Coat and found one on the web. (Pic below) What is the quality of there products overall? I hate they only use illustrations. Hard to tell what the product looks like in person.

Any other products worth a look at?

http://www.duluthtrading.com/services/image.aspx?path=/media/images/products/86065/86065.jpg&width=250&height=250

Update

So much for first impressions. Got my order today. The packing slip was correct but sent me all the wrong items. If your wife is missing her clothing order from them I have it.

Jim Becker
12-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh, my...I've never had anything like that happen with Duluth and I order probably 6-8 times a year from them! Sure you clicked on the right items?? :D :D :D

Seriously, I'm sure they will get it right for you. Give them a call in the morning. For me, they have somewhat been the "Lee Valley" of crack-hiding clothing... ;)

Dave Lehnert
12-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh, my...I've never had anything like that happen with Duluth and I order probably 6-8 times a year from them! Sure you clicked on the right items?? :D :D :D

Seriously, I'm sure they will get it right for you. Give them a call in the morning. For me, they have somewhat been the "Lee Valley" of crack-hiding clothing... ;)

They sent me the correct order right away.

They had my packing slip correct. Just did not match anything on it.

I do have to say the clothing they sent me by mistake looked kinda cheap. Looked like something you would get a Steve and Berries. I was not impressed at all with what I saw. Glad it was not my order.

Jim Becker
12-11-2008, 8:18 AM
I do have to say the clothing they sent me by mistake looked kinda cheap. Looked like something you would get a Steve and Berries. I was not impressed at all with what I saw. Glad it was not my order.

Now, that's very strange as the reason I buy from them is that they have the highest quality stuff I've been able to find nearly anywhere. Some of my long-tail tees are over 4 years old and are still the same size, shape and color as when I bought them. Very heavy material. The dress shirts are as good, if not better than my Lands End stuff...and so generously cut that I've actually been ordering one size smaller. LOL

At any rate, I'm glad they fixed you up. Picking errors sometimes do happen with any vendor...even the best of the best. I'll guess that your packing slip got blown off the line and someone put it on top of the wrong pile. :o

Kevin Arceneaux
12-11-2008, 8:49 AM
Jim, how do they compare to Carhartt?

Matt Meiser
12-11-2008, 8:51 AM
I like them and have been subscribed to their email list for several years, but canceled because I was getting email from them virtually every day for the past few weeks. I really like everything I've gotten from them. The t-shirts I have for them that I wear for working in the yard, in the shop, and on home improvement projects hold up much better than regular t-shirts. Even where I've managed to snag them on something, they just have a snag instead of a growing hole like a regular t-shirt. I also have a nice shop apron from them.

Since my work wardrobe is sweats in the winter when I'm not traveling, I've been tempted to try theirs to see if they hold up better than the ones I get at the big box stores.

Jim Becker
12-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Jim, how do they compare to Carhartt?

I gotta think that their fire hose stuff compares very well based on the coat I have from them. I know some folks swear by their wool socks, too. But it's hard for me to make a real comparison to Carhartt since I've never bought anything from Carhartt. Carhartt do have a sizable market and great "local" availability which I'm sure is nice for tradesmen who need good work duds fast. Around here, both Tractor Supply and many of the "independent" hardware/building stores sell Carhartt.

Doug Shepard
12-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I've only used them once and I was pretty well ticked off with them and haven't been back. IIRC it was for a canvas toolbag of some sort that my Dad wanted for Christmas. So I found what he wanted in their catalog and called the order in about 3 weeks before Christmas. I asked what the shipping time would be and they said about a week. OK - in time for Christmas so I think I'm covered. A bit more than a week goes by and nothing so I call back and they now inform me they're on BO and are expected in 2 days, then they'll ship out. A week for shipping on top of that should still put it at my door with time to spare. 3 Days go by and I check back, and yes they came in, and yes they shipping all the BOs out. Cool. Another week goes by and nothing so I call back again and they cant give me a tracking number. Turns out it was small enough when folded flat that they had shipped it through the post office. On top of that, it wasn't even first class but dirt-cheap mode so it didn't make it by Christmas. They sort of blew their chance to impress me and get any repeat business.

Al Wasser
12-11-2008, 10:49 AM
My only fuss with them is that the sizing seems wacky. I wear XL. Sometimes their stuff fits, and sometimes it would fit the largest linemen in the NFL. The customer service takes care of it but I'd rather not have the problem.

Cliff Rohrabacher
12-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I'd be a tad concerned about the loose fabric on that garment if it's to be worn around fast moving machinery, blades, drill chucks, etc.

Rich Stewart
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I have nothing but good luck with them. I have several of their fire hose shirts. I wear them on chilly days on my motorcycle and stay very warm. I got the "grab jacket" with no hood and it is the only jacket I wear all winter. Keeps me warm and dry in some very extreme conditions out on the flight line. The waterproof gloves for 7 bucks are the best I have ever worn. Pigskin with a pvc lining keep your hands from getting wet and cold. Great for snowball fights and winding up a wet fuel hose.