PDA

View Full Version : In praise of Bugles - the snacks

Mitchell Andrus
11-17-2008, 2:21 PM
Every once in a while... just gotta get a bag of them.

One vise I hope never to outgrow.

Dennis Peacock
11-17-2008, 2:53 PM
I like them as well....just not as much as you. :)

Chris Padilla
11-17-2008, 3:06 PM
Bugles rule...but I do not eat them so much any more. I also like Funyons quite a but but don't eat those so much anymore. :)

Pat Germain
11-17-2008, 3:26 PM
I was a big bugle fan when I was a kid. Now, they taste a little too processed for my taste. But I enjoy them every now and then, when I see them in a vending machine.

Jason Beam
11-17-2008, 3:46 PM
With some squeeze cheese, man ... good stuff.

Cheesy salty goodness in a cone :D

Joe Pelonio
11-17-2008, 4:46 PM
Just keep it up guys, trying to make me jealous. I'd love to have just one bugle, funyon or cheeto! In trying to eat healthier and lose weight we're sticking to chips and crackers made with such tasty things as flaxseed,
oat bran and whole wheat flour. Baked, not fried. :p

Jerome Hanby
11-17-2008, 4:59 PM
Been awhile since I bought a bag, but aren't bugles baked these days?

As for the rest maybe you could fill them with flax seed....and spit that part out :D

Clara Koss
11-17-2008, 5:47 PM
funny but in my hood the bugels are not always available!!!!! when they do come on sale once in a blue moon i do buy a few bags and then whoosh they're gone again...why is that???? and they leave your fingers all nice a greasy...yum yum.....:cool:

Doug Shepard
11-17-2008, 6:27 PM
Had some Bugles yesterday with lunch. Tonight's dinner is a chicken salad sandwich with some Cheeze-Its (get yer own box). Would have had some more Bugles but I gotta rotate so I get all of the 4 basic food groups.:D BTW the cat is on my lap gnoshing on her own Cheeze-It at the moment, which she stole off my plate. Don't have that problem with the Bugles.

Jim Becker
11-17-2008, 7:44 PM
They still make those???? :o

Doug, Cheeze-Its are a staple of my older daughter's terrible snack diet. Those and the similarly flavored Goldfish crackers. Several boxes a week it seems.... :eek:

Leigh Costello
11-17-2008, 9:24 PM
mmmm...Bugles...with dip at New Year's and at Super Bowl parties and any other party or just with lunch or as a snack or or or....CRUNCH :D

available year round here and I am so glad for that :D

Sonny Edmonds
11-17-2008, 9:49 PM
Indulge yourself.:o

You'd be surprised how healthy you are as long as you stay away from the darned Doctor.

Why do they practice? :confused:

Can't they get it right? :)

Lee Schierer
11-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Indulge yourself.:o

You'd be surprised how healthy you are as long as you stay away from the darned Doctor.

Why do they practice? :confused:

Can't they get it right? :)

Remember 50% of all doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class.

Kyle Kraft
11-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Not wanting to divert this thread in a different direction or anything, but two of the snack foods I remember most from my childhood are Bugles and Pizza Spins.

Does anyone else remember them? Pizza Spins looked like a wheel made from some mechanically processed grain product that had radial spokes and was coated in an oh-so-delicious pizza flavored red powder.

Mitchell Andrus
11-18-2008, 1:19 PM
Don't 'member them in NJ.

I do however covet your (MI) Vernors Cream and Ginger Ale sodas.

Russ Filtz
11-18-2008, 2:48 PM
I believe Bugles may be baked and actually better than regular chips for you. hard to find though. They have a good flavor out now too, either nacho or jalapeno that's REALLY good.

David DeCristoforo
11-18-2008, 2:51 PM
"I believe Bugles may be baked and actually better than regular chips for you..."

Fried.... Sorry to pop your bubble. Nothing baked could ever be this addicting. It's the FAT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugles

Jerome Hanby
11-18-2008, 3:07 PM
I found this description of the product where it says they are baked. Wonder if various area get different versions?

Link (https://www.toucandy.com/bugles-original-75-oz-c-398-p-1-pr-2650.html)

Phyllis Meyer
11-18-2008, 4:46 PM
Yeah...Bugels! Putting them on the tips of my fingers and then crunch! Still love em...must go shopping for Bugels!

Phyllis

Chris Padilla
11-18-2008, 5:02 PM
I found this description of the product where it says they are baked. Wonder if various area get different versions?

Link (https://www.toucandy.com/bugles-original-75-oz-c-398-p-1-pr-2650.html)

As greasy as they leave your fingers, I have a hard time believing that they are baked. Perhaps a baked version of Bugles is now available? The pic in your link doesn't really show it.

Matt Ocel
11-18-2008, 6:12 PM
Yeah...Bugels! Putting them on the tips of my fingers and then crunch! Still love em...must go shopping for Bugels!

Phyllis

I hate (wait a minute) dislike;), agreeing with a CH, but yeah, gotta put them on your fingertips and then crunch!

and JIM,
Cheese its are my dogs favorite treat, next to BK cheeseburgers.

Mitchell Andrus
11-18-2008, 6:34 PM
I hate (wait a minute) dislike;), agreeing with a CH,

Cheeze Head

Leigh Costello
11-18-2008, 6:35 PM
I remember Pizza Spins and Quisp cereal, too. And no party was complete without Nehi soda. :D

Matt Ocel
11-18-2008, 6:44 PM
Cheeze Head

Yup.......

Kyle Kraft
11-18-2008, 8:13 PM
Yeah, Quisp!! How about King Vitamin, a Cap'n Crunch clone?

Chris Padilla
11-18-2008, 9:10 PM
Well, it is against the TOS to post a link to another fourm but google Pizza Spin and check out the first link. Sounds intriguing.

Belinda Barfield
11-19-2008, 9:06 AM
I also like Funyons quite a but but don't eat those so much anymore. :)

I haven't had Funyons in years, but as I recall they leave you with the most wonderful breath! :D

Yeah...Bugels! Putting them on the tips of my fingers and then crunch!
Phyllis

Absolutely right Phyllis, you must eat them off the fingertips.

And no party was complete without Nehi soda. :D

Does anyone know where I can get a Nehi Strawberry soda?

Okay, now you've all done it. My Weight Watcher's Smart One can just sit in the freezer for lunch. I'm having Bugles, straberry soda, and a big bowl of Cap'n Cruch with Crunchberries for lunch. Or maybe a bowl of Count Chocula. For my afernoon snack I would love to have Marathon bar, but I don't know where to get one. :(

Phyllis Meyer
11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
How about M & M's in RC Cola to go along with those bugels?

Phyllis

David DeCristoforo
11-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey, and don't forget Coke in glass bottles! You know where you can still get these? Mexico! Or any store that caters to hispanic people. My son gets them from a "taco truck" near the shop. The Cokes come in those old glass bottles that have obviously been refilled a million times. Unfortunately, they don't sell Bugles.... just Doritos...

Chris Padilla
11-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Mmmmm, Spicy Nacho Cheese Doritos....

Greg Muller
11-19-2008, 3:05 PM
With some squeeze cheese, man ... good stuff.

Cheesy salty goodness in a cone :D

+1 yummmmmeeeee!!