PDA

View Full Version : Help! Help! Make it Stop! Please Make it stop.

Tyler Howell
06-01-2004, 10:50 AM
I was just pushing a few buttons and flipping some switches on my SMC CP one day:rolleyes: . The following week and ever since, bunches of Emailed copies of threads I have viewed or responded to show up in my mail box:eek: .

I've tried three times to turn it off. I did a search and followed the instructions recommended but I cannot confirm that my subscriptions is OFF:o . I love you all but this is too much.

I happened to be on line late one night when all those subscriptions came flooding in. I get a ding every time I recieve a letter. Sounded like a fire alarm going off:eek: .

Thank you and my computer thanks you!

Chris Padilla
06-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Let's see:

User CP-->Edit Options-->Messaging & Notification-->Default Thread Subscription Mode-->

Either pick "Do not subscribe" or "No email Notification" and you should be good to go. Frankly, I don't see what the benefits are of subscribing to threads or forums. I'd love to have someone explain what is cool about doing this.

HTH, Tyler

Tyler Howell
06-01-2004, 2:34 PM
Let's see:

User CP-->Edit Options-->Messaging & Notification-->Default Thread Subscription Mode-->

Either pick "Do not subscribe" or "No email Notification" and you should be good to go. Frankly, I don't see what the benefits are of subscribing to threads or forums. I'd love to have someone explain what is cool about doing this.

HTH, TylerThanks, Ill give it another try! For Someone who is always tuned in it is of no value. .
It is however a very helpful for another sight I hardly ever go to. If a good reply comes in, It's a good heads up.

Ah Hah!! I've noticed (but it didn't make a difference before) if after making a selection, if you don't lock-in your selction with another right click the menu will continue to scroll as you move the mouse. thus give some SWAG as to what you want or get on the CP.

Rob Russell
06-01-2004, 4:46 PM
Let's see:

HTH, Tyler

If you are in a situation where your access to the forum itself via an internet connection is limited, you can still "read" the forum via the subscription emails. The emails can go anywhere, so you could have the subscription sent to an email address that you have ready access to.

Rob

Chris Padilla
06-01-2004, 5:08 PM
Ah...I knew there was good reason...just couldn't ever figure it out! :D

Muchas Gracias, Rob.

Rob Russell
06-01-2004, 5:20 PM
No problemo! :cool: