PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades are complete

Rick Huelsbeck
11-17-2008, 8:04 AM
The first thing is the new Steel City 1.5 HP Dust collector, the one and only problem is the bottom bag does not seal real well so I put a ¼ x ½ inch piece of weather stripping where the clamp goes and it’s sealed now. Next is the new Router table, it’s a Pinnacle Offset table and Pinnacle Precision fence, I also bought the book of Incra templates to go with it, just love what it can do. For dust collection I have a 4” that I’ve clamped to the top of the table that I can move when I do more than joinery on the table, and I found a wash pan at wal-mart that I cut a hole for a 2 ½ inch connection and a hole to put the new Porter Cable 890 router through.. I bought the above table adjustment kit, plus the fact that you can turn the router on and off from the top means I don’t need to worry about getting where the router body is. I can reach the lock button by pulling off the ring on the table plate (Pinnacle as well). When I built the stand I planed an edge on all of the boards that the table sits on so they would be flat as well as an edge of a 2 x 2 that I used for added support as well as screwing the table down with. I pre-drilled all of the holes for the screws as well as counter sunk them to prevent volcanoing as was suggested by members of this board. Found a wire drawer at HD and put that on the bottom section to hold the supplies for the router table, and ¼ inch plywood for a shelf to hopefully keep any residual dust off of the accessories. The whole thing is on locking casters so when I need the extra room in my little shop I can roll it off to the side.

John Thompson
11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Ready....... set........ GO. :) Nice improvements you've made.. Now go make something for mama so she will let you make some more additions or suffer the consequences. ;)

Sarge..