PDA

View Full Version : ornaments and new photos...

Rasmus Petersen
11-17-2008, 5:13 AM
I have been working hard on getting stuff made for the shows im doing in a few weeks. I promised some photos of my first ornaments ... i have updated my website with all the stuff i have been making these few weeks.. i have included a few of them here.. but feel free to check out my site (i know itīs in danish) but pictures are international.... please give feedback on site setup and critique on my work ........

Bowl in Spalted Beech, beeswax finish, ornament in Maple and US walnut, stopper in elm burl, display of 7 stoppers in elm burl and laburnum..

Steve Schlumpf
11-17-2008, 9:26 AM
Rasmus - very nice work on everything!

Really like the ornament! Amazing how thin you got the icicle! Looks great! Beautiful woods on all your bottle stoppers!

Checked out your website and found the 'smykker' were something that we don't see over here. Impressed with how thin you managed to turn them! Pretty wood - great design - should have a lot of sales with everything! Very nice!

Tamara Brown
11-17-2008, 9:37 AM
Love the ornament, beautiful shape and the finials are outstanding.

Joshua Dinerstein
11-17-2008, 3:38 PM
Really like the ornament! Amazing how thin you got the icicle! Looks great! Beautiful woods on all your bottle stoppers!
I second that! Execellent work on the finials and a lovely combination of woods!

Joshua

Bernie Weishapl
11-17-2008, 3:51 PM
All are great looking pieces Rasmus. The ornament is a beauty.

Ron Lynch
11-17-2008, 5:09 PM
Rasmus,
The bowl is very nice as are the stoppers, but that ornament is a real knock-out. Excellent work.

Clara Koss
11-17-2008, 5:44 PM
love all your stuff.... the ornament is especially pretty.... have a good show...thanks for showing these to us....:D

skott nielsen
11-17-2008, 6:11 PM
Very Nice. Is the ornament hollow? Did you glue the walnut on and then finish?

Skott (Originally from Fyn)

Don Carter
11-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Rasmus:

Great looking work! That ornament is beautiful! Thanks for showing it.
All the best.

Don

Rasmus Petersen
11-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Steve : thank you, smykker = jewlery and ni i havent seen the scarfholders anywhere else out there ...

skott: Fyn. i live in odense on fyn :-)

And yes they are hollow made by first turning the globe then with it still on the lathe drill a 12mm hole into it. hollow (somewhat) and then drill all the way throug. part off, finials are turned seperate and fitted to the hole witch always seems to end up a little more than 12 mm. a few drops of CA to hold togeter. Rember to drill the 1,5 mm hole to accept the eyethinngy.

The finials are made with a lot of skew and some detailgouge work. But most skew and very little sandig. 320-400 to 1200.

Thank you all for the nice comments..