PDA

View Full Version : Two more finished

Jeff Nicol
11-16-2008, 7:39 PM
Here are the two that I have been working on this last week. The bowl is black ash and the HF is box elder with a purple heart collar. The HF has lots of knots and spalting and a pinkish blush in spots it is 8 3/4" tall. The bowlis 8 x 2 7/8". Both are finished with BLO and then Minwax Antique oil and buffed out.

There are many shapes to be tried but some are timeless........

Jeff

Steve Schlumpf
11-16-2008, 7:48 PM
Very nice work on both pieces Jeff! Good looking bowl and I really like the classic shape! Great hollow form - colors, form, collar and also all that curl! Nice work!

Eugene Wigley
11-16-2008, 8:19 PM
Great looking work!! I really like the purple heart collar on the HF. The colors are fantastic. I like the shape of the bowl too. Hope you don't mind if I try to copy the bowl. Thanks for posting them.

Jeff Nicol
11-16-2008, 9:09 PM
Eugene, It would be my pleasure to have you copy any turning I post. Every piece of wood makes each and every turning a one of a kind! Enjoy and thanks for the coments!

Steve, I love the lowly box elder tree, it has so much to offer, but it is considered a weed tree! I love SMC and all the wonderful people who inhabit its forums!

Thanks again,

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
11-16-2008, 9:34 PM
Jeff those are both beauties. I like the form of the bowl. Great looking HF.