PDA

View Full Version : laser engraver setting sheet

fred sanchez
11-16-2008, 7:11 PM
being a new laser engraver i made this spread sheet on excel just to help me out remembering the setings and what settings worked best for each project .
i own a universal laser so im not sure if this will work with other brands

feel free to download it and use

if theres anything i should change or add please let me know and if you make changes to it please repost

thanks

Mike Null
11-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Fred

I think there is a filing system as part of your driver which will allow you to save your settings by material or project. There was such a file on my ULS and also on my new Trotec.

For those who don't have access to that your file looks like it will work just fine.

Doug Griffith
11-16-2008, 11:57 PM
In my opinion, it is a little unintuitive and needs to be prettied up a bit. Separate the material specs from the laser settings from the job information. Have notes for each. Your main problem will be that different manufacturers/drivers have different features/terminology.

In any case, you should add air assist

Cheers,
Doug

fred sanchez
11-17-2008, 1:15 AM
Thanks mike and Doug for your replies

I know what both of you are saying
I own a universal so im guessing this would only work with a universal laser system.
Universal does have a filing system but im afraid of one day my hard drive crashing and losing my settings thought this might be a good backup plan.
Im thinking it would be nice to match the client and there project on paper with a photo .

But it’s a work in progress made this in about 20 min

once again thanks

hey doug is says your an art director do u work in the movie biz ?

Mike Null
11-17-2008, 7:02 AM
Fred

You can and should back up your materials file to a cd or thumb drive.