PDA

View Full Version : So I won something

Jim Dunn
11-16-2008, 6:50 PM
I've been a member around here for a few years and have to admit that this is the longest between posts ever.

I have another hobby that takes most of my time during the summer. Specifically "I Fish":D. Now I'm not that good but recently I won something that pays for all those missed fish. http://www.chargerboats.com/08_ownersresults.htm

I hope this link isn't taken down as it's the best way to describe what I won for those non-fisherpersons.

Jim

Tyler Howell
11-16-2008, 6:55 PM
You suck!!!
Congrats Jim, Well done.;)

Phil Thien
11-16-2008, 6:55 PM
That is a nice looking boat. I imagine that the fish will be lining up to jump into it come next season. :D

Jim Dunn
11-16-2008, 6:57 PM
What do you mean "next season"?? I just found a reason to go fishing after Thanksgiving. Maybe in December too.:)

Steve Schlumpf
11-16-2008, 7:27 PM
WOW!!! Congrats on your new boat! Gives you a whole new reason for getting out and enjoying the outdoors! Have fun!

Joe Mioux
11-16-2008, 7:40 PM
Congratulations Jim.....

joe

Jim Becker
11-16-2008, 8:03 PM
Well, that's certainly going to help you continue your pursuit of your summer hobby!! Congratulations on your win!

Jim Dunn
11-16-2008, 8:58 PM
With tax's:mad: and all it may be a while before I get that new table saw;)

No, I still need a cover, prop, jack-plate and I'm going to probably have to change my tackle storage system as well:o:rolleyes: So I tell the wife.:D

Sonny Edmonds
11-16-2008, 9:50 PM
Or do you get a whole boat each?
I'm cornfused.
Congrats on whatever half you get. ;):D

Jim Dunn
11-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Well I traded my 11yr old boat to my partner for his half of the new boat. Technically the boat is awarded to the owner of the boat entered, which was me. But as he has been my partner for the past 3 years, and he is my daughter-in-laws dad, I thought that the best thing to do is split the boat right down the middle. He offered to take my old boat for his half.

Gary Herrmann
11-16-2008, 10:08 PM
You won a boat. Dang. The only thing I've ever won was here, I won an insulated beverage holder.

Yeah, you suck.

Congrats, Jim.

Jim Dunn
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
For the last 17years I've fished this tournament and the only other thing I'd ever won was a bottle of fish formula. I still have it!

Mark Rios
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
For the last 17years I've fished this tournament and the only other thing I'd ever won was a bottle of fish formula. I still have it!

What flavor formula? The vanilla fish flavor isn't very good, imo. :D

Congrats on the boat. Very nice.

Jim Dunn
11-17-2008, 5:42 PM
What flavor formula? The vanilla fish flavor isn't very good, imo. :D

Congrats on the boat. Very nice.

Garlic glow in the dark:eek: I like the garlic but rarely fish in the dark.;)

Belinda Barfield
11-18-2008, 8:46 AM
Wow Jim! Congrats! Aw, the good old days. In a previous life I was married to a man who lived to bass fish. Fortunately for me, he let me tag along. I miss fishing!:( There's just nothing like being out on the lake as the sun comes up, is there? Especially during crappie season or shellcracker season. Okay, so they're not bass, but they are still really fun to catch!

Good luck with the new boat. Post pics of that first big bass. We'll be waiting with "baited" breath. ;)

Dennis Peacock
11-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Wow..!!!! Congrats Jim..!!!!!! Nice boat.

And like Tyler already said? You Suck!!!! :p :D

Jim Dunn
11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone.

Brenda I'll post pictures if you tell me what a "shellcracker" is? I thought it was something used during the holidays to open nuts:)

Dennis that's what my best friend said when I won the boat. His number was just 2 away from mine.

Dennis Peacock
11-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone.

Dennis that's what my best friend said when I won the boat. His number was just 2 away from mine.

Jim,

I'm real happy for ya buddy. May you win many tournaments in that new fan-dangled boat of yours.

Belinda Barfield
11-19-2008, 8:15 AM
Thanks everyone.

Brenda I'll post pictures if you tell me what a "shellcracker" is? I thought it was something used during the holidays to open nuts:)

LOL . . . yeah it's that, too.

Shellcracker - Redear Sunfish. Check it out here . . .

http://www.outdooralabama.com/fishing/freshwater/fish/bream/redear/

Lots of fun to catch.