PDA

View Full Version : HELP - I've fallen and I can't get up

Doug Shepard
11-16-2008, 5:50 PM

Well OK, if you've got another Scooby Snack

This is the first so far this year that hasn't melted before it landed and it's still coming.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-16-2008, 6:58 PM
Congrats?

That might be the storm that closed I-90 west of Rapid City, SD. 400 motorists stranded....34 tractor trailers stuck......44" on the level IIRC and drifts up to 9' deep.

Good luck!

Brian Effinger
11-16-2008, 7:25 PM
Ugghhh! We've seen our first snowfall around here already too. We got a dusting closer to the city, but it was better than 2' out in the boonies. Just great :mad: Just what I have been looking forward to - another 6 months of winter :eek: Blah!

Gary Herrmann
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Ugh. 'Course the wife did talk me into buying a snow blower. I was traveling last year when we got 8". She didn't like shoveling.

Watch us get nothing this year. Oh well.

Leigh Costello
11-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh I do love snow-on the grass, in the trees, not on pavement or my car...:D

Andrew Derhammer
We got 24" in one shot one year and my dad had broke his leg at that point and I was just slightly too young to learn how to use the snowblower. Mom, Sis, and I had to shovel the heavy wet snow from the driveway and sidewalk(after the snow plow had come through!) Needless to say, after that I learned how to use the snowblower!

Dewey Torres
I'll be sure to post some pics of my dog once he is ears deep this winter.

Brian Effinger
11-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Ugh. 'Course the wife did talk me into buying a snow blower. I was traveling last year when we got 8". She didn't like shoveling.

Watch us get nothing this year. Oh well.

That's the best insurance against snow. :D

David G Baker
11-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Doug,
We had around 3/4" on the ground this morning when I woke up. The mid day Sun melted most of it but this evening we got another 1/4" and it is still falling lightly.

Angus Hines
11-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Thank God I have never had to shovel it, Just wait a day or two and its gone if not a little 'Super Melt' goes a long way around here for the stubborn Icie spots.

Doug Shepard
11-17-2008, 5:33 AM
Well it's still there this morning but we only ended up with maybe 1/4"-1/2". Nuthin worth firing the snowblower up for since the levelers are set about that much anyway. The dog liked bulldozing it on her potty walk this morning but I'm not happy about having to do the windshield before I head to work. Just had to take some pics of the year's first snow yesterday.

Matt Meiser
11-17-2008, 7:10 AM
Down here by the state line there's just a dusting and from the radio talk, there's nothing in Toledo. But Saturday we were in Toledo and went into a store while it was raining and came out to a covering of snow on the grass and cars. And the biggest flakes I can ever remember seeing. Some had to be 1" across.

Charles Seehuetter Panama City
11-17-2008, 7:58 AM
It got down to 39 degrees here this morning (Florida panhandle) Burrr, that's cold for me. I'm glad I don't own a snow blower or even a snow shovel anymore :):):)

I'm not trying to rub it in folks. I just don't miss the winters of northern Wisconsin anymore. It is fun watching the "tourists" from the north in their bikinis in the winter here while we are all wearing coats though. I do miss not seing snow for one day a year and that's Christmas.

Doug Shepard
11-17-2008, 8:16 AM
Matt - not quite that big, but we had some big fluffly flakes here for a bit. I really wish I had a digicam as my Cat From Hell insisted on going outside with the dog and I. She was a scream watching her leaping up and swatting at the big flakes and getting more and more PO'ed when she was never able to catch anything. After about 15 minutes she gave up and consented to going back indoors.

Dennis Peacock
11-17-2008, 9:30 AM
Snow.....hummmm, I'll have to look that up on "the web" and see what that is. :p
Supposed to be just over 60º F here today. A good day to open the shop, do some woodworking and take the motorcycle out for a ride.

Dewey Torres
11-30-2008, 6:29 PM
We got our fist really good snow storm last night and it has been snowing constantly all day. I said I would post a pic of my dog Cody once he was up to his ears.

Bruce Page
11-30-2008, 7:51 PM
Dewey, please keep it up there, Cody seems to like it! :D

Dewey Torres
12-01-2008, 1:09 AM
Dewey, please keep it up there, Cody seems to like it! :D

Bruce,
Cody doesn't mind the snow at all. Almost like it isn't there. I guess it is the 'flushing dog' that has been bread into the American Cocker = no fear.

If you don't mind a question...
Are you planning on another dog in the future? Again VERY SORRY for your loss:(.

Bruce Page
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Dewey, LOML & I discussed it and decided to wait a year or two. Zoe was such a great friend and sweetheart that no other dog could compete – at least not right now.

Thanks for asking

Scott Donley
12-01-2008, 4:44 PM
Dewey, perfect timing for these pic's ! My daughter and her husband just left this weekend for their move to Colorado Springs (by way of New Mexico, don't ask ) This after telling me how nice they heard the weather was there and hardly gets any snow. Should be interesting as neither one has experience driving in the stuff :DI am sure their three dogs will enjoy it much more then they will.

Clara Koss
12-01-2008, 8:28 PM
well it sure looks pretty over there... here the palms are swaying and the breeze is blowing.... hehehehe....:D

Jamie Delker
12-02-2008, 10:09 AM
You name it, we've already gotten it... snow, freezing rain, sleet, ice, in every combination. Good ol' central NY weather. I especially love the lake effect snow that comes in bands off Lake Ontario, I've seen flakes bigger than golf balls when the conditions are right.:rolleyes:
Syracuse gets the most snow of any city of it's size in the US (it did last year, anyway).

Doug Shepard
12-02-2008, 10:27 AM
... I said I would post a pic of my dog Cody once he was up to his ears.

Well with ears that drag on the ground, you could have taken pics with much less snow:D