PDA

View Full Version : American scroll saw patterns

Ross Lowry
11-16-2008, 2:40 PM
I read on here a while back about this place you can get a packaged deal on patterns.
I also read that you can import them in to correl and change the line thickness to hairline and simply cut with your laser.
Well I bought the patterns and I can import all the pages except the page with the pattern, it say file corrupt.
Any other way of doing this?
It is a PDF file.
Can I open it in photoshop and save it as something else then import it to correl?
Thanks.

Ross

Doug Griffith
11-16-2008, 2:55 PM
Photoshop is a bitmap program so whatever vector information the PDF contains will be rasterized when opening. Illustrator would be a better bet to extract vectors from a PDF.

If you don't have Illustrator, PM me the corrupt file and I'll try extracting the vectors for you.

Cheers,
Doug

Bill Cunningham
11-16-2008, 8:41 PM
A centerline trace will quickly convert scanned, or other bitmap data into quite usable scrollsaw type vectors.. What version of Corel are you trying to import to? I have not had any problems from 12 on up.. Even 8 worked most of the time..

Doug Griffith
11-16-2008, 8:46 PM
I was able to extract the vector data he needed using Adobe Illustrator. Worked like a charm.

Cheers,
Doug