PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be first to buy,,,

Rich Engelhardt
11-16-2008, 9:16 AM
Hello,
Anyone want to be first to buy the Fein Multimaster clones from Dremel & Bosch? ;)

I have my eye on the ~ $100.00 Dremel.

Mikail Khan
11-16-2008, 9:50 AM
Bosch cordless is available from Rockler and amazon ($204).

Waiting on the bosch woodworker's kit on amazon. Was priced at $208 but is still unavailable. Hopefully will be available b4 christmas with a discount.

MK

Paul Steiner
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I have borrowed my friends multimaster many times and it is great. He got it refurbed on ebay with all the blades. I have been looking to buy one for awhile, but you really need to buy the kit with all the blades. Otherwise you will spend an about half the cost of the machine or more buying blades when you need them.
I will probably choose the machine based on what blades come with it vs. cost.

Keith Outten
11-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Rockwell also has a clone that is less expensive than the Fein. No doubt these new tools will cut into Fein's share of the market. I doubt they will drop their price due to competition.

Sonny Edmonds
11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
...I'm doing fine without any Fein's. :rolleyes:

Paul Ryan
11-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I am really interested in the Dremmel. For $100 I think that is a really good price. I am not so sure of the bosch. I have not had very good luck with bosch tools. I have a router that has been good, but their cordless tools are junk if you ask me. I can never get the batteries to last very long. If I had to guess I would say they were made by ryobi. After about 18 months they wont hold a charge for over a couple of days. Nothing I hate more than grapping for my drill and having to charge it again. Because the battey wont hold a charge. It also seems once they are charged they run down too quickly too. Maybe it is just me, but I dont like bosch cordless tools. So I am going for the Dremmel. If the bosch was corded I may try it, but it still wont be close to the dremmel price. I have the little dremmel grinder that I have used for years that has been good to me so I will try them again.

Craig McCormick
11-16-2008, 1:14 PM
Basic Dremel is $100 and the Basic Fein is $165.00. After handling the Dremel and the Fein I would save for the Fein.

AZCRAIG

Jim Becker
11-16-2008, 2:57 PM
Bosch just got a review in Woodshop News.

Rick Fisher
11-16-2008, 4:12 PM
Dremel was bought by Bosch a few years ago, along with RotoZip.

I think if you buy the Dremel, you may have yourself a Bosch..