PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Table almost finished

Doug Jones
05-31-2004, 7:38 PM
Jason R. remember me saying I was going to build one. Well here it is. The difference from yours is mine is made from walnut. The plans came from "WOOD" mag. issue 81
I still need to put on 3-4 coats of gloss poly and slip the glass top in it and its off to the living room.

Dick Parr
05-31-2004, 7:59 PM
Very nice work Doug, it’s going to look nice in the house.

Remember to make accommodations for removing the glass once you put it in because it looks like it will be a nice tight fit when you get it in. :eek: I have a neighbor ;) that built one something like yours and once he put the glass in, he couldn’t get it back out to display anything under it. Ended up drilling a hole in the bottom corner and used a dowel rod to push it up. He had to make a cover to hide the hole. :rolleyes:

Tony Falotico
05-31-2004, 9:27 PM
Looking GOOD Doug, please post a pic when it's finished.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-01-2004, 9:43 AM
Doug, I like it! Please post pics after you apply finish!

Alan Turner
06-01-2004, 9:49 AM
Nice work, but I have to say that I have never seen a coffee table grazing before. A very country type of approach.
Alan

Jason Tuinstra
06-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Doug, it looks great. You did a nice job with those legs. I can't wait to see the walnut as soon as you get the finish on. Thanks for sharing.

Lars Thomas
06-01-2004, 1:03 PM
Doug, Ohhhh Ahhhh, That's going to be a beauty. Nice details On the legs and beading. Lars

Doug Jones
06-01-2004, 5:51 PM
Thanks for the remarks, coming from such a high class of woodworkers, I take it as a real compliment. I'll post another pic when finish is on and glass is setting in. As for the legs,,, well it was a challenge because all four where done free hand on the lathe. Don't have a duplicator nor did I make a pattern, but I was pleased with the out come. I think all legs were within 1/16th of each other, nothing noticable to the untrained eye. The hardest part was the M & T joints, this was my first attempt at that kind of jointery.
Again thanks for the words, Doug