PDA

View Full Version : Todays output!

Jeff Nicol
11-15-2008, 9:35 PM
Well today was a little day, meaning miniatures! Here are the 4 I finished today. A hard maple goblet w/captured ring, Prickly ash natural edge HF, Lilac vase and a hard maple nat edge bowl. I need to list on e-bay so these will go on tomorrow.

Jeff

Ron Lynch
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Holy cow! Those are tiny, is that hollow form really hollow?

Jeff Nicol
11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Ron thanks for the question. I try to hollow mini that I make just as I would a full size piece. I have made a lot of super small tools to get inside the tiny HF's. My favorite one is made from an old dental tool! I have sold hundreds of them and I just love to test my self at how small a hole I can leave in the top and still hollow it out!

Thanks and more to come!

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
11-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Those are some cool looking turnings. Really nice. To small for my old eyes.

Steve Schlumpf
11-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Nice work Jeff! Have to agree with Bernie - that while I can appreciate what you do - it is way to small for me to even try! Glad you are having success with your miniatures!

Jeff Nicol
11-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Steve, I never thought in a million years that I would be where I am today! I love the fact that some of the smallest chunks of wood have some of the most beautiful grain and fugure! I have boxes and boxes and a whole rolling tool box full of miniature wood to turn! If I started today and worked 10 hour days I would never finish in a lifetime! But they are a labor of love and someday my eyes and hands will give up on me and then I will have to quit the little gems. Sometimes the little ones are easier than the big ones because the mass is small and when I get a catch it is more forgiving. Thanks for the kind words and I have some bigger ones that I buffed out that I will post later. The LOML if going out of town for 4-5 days so I will have time to get some more things done! We tend to like to sit and talk a lot when we are home together, so the shop gets neglected!

Thanks again,
Jeff

Larry Marley
11-16-2008, 12:58 PM
These are really cool Jeff!

Where did you find such a huge dime?

;)

Gary Max
11-16-2008, 2:41 PM
Don't let him kid you----gaint Dime bought at Big Lots---- :)
Nice work and wish you luck on Ebay.

Mitchell Cholewinski
11-16-2008, 6:01 PM
Jeff Nichol
Jeff, super nice job you did on these little buggers. I especially like the last ne bowl on the right but they are great. Now I see why you like making small tools. Good Luck Mitch