PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Compressor from HF

Marty Phee
05-31-2004, 2:27 PM
Anyone own this unit. Quincy model number 2V41C60VC. Quincy doesn't have any info on their website about it. They have the QTV-54, but I'm not sure if it's the same model and just re-labeled. I want to make sure that this is USA made quality Quincy and not some cheaper consumer grade compressor they made to compete with IR, CH and the others.

I'm also going to double check with them tomorrow by phone, but thought I'd try here also.

Marty

Bruce Page
05-31-2004, 4:32 PM
I just did a Google on it and found it at Tools Plus.com

There's not a lot if info on it there but maybe someone else to talk to.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/toolsplus/qac2v41c60vc.html

Dave Sweeney
05-31-2004, 5:14 PM
Not trying to be too much of a smart alec but does HF sell anything that is made in this country? Even if it isn't made here, an awful lot of folks have said good things about some of the HF compressors. Ya know, good bang for the buck type of comments.

Marty Phee
05-31-2004, 5:55 PM
Well, all of Quincy's products have been made in the US. Huge difference in quality. I won't buy it if it's from China.

Bang for the buck doesn't mean much if it dies in a year or two or you can't get replacement parts for it. For a few dollars more you could get a much better quality unit that will last a lot longer.

Todd Burch
05-31-2004, 6:54 PM
Just a note about my observations about Quincy compressors...

I bought a Quincy compressor a couple months ago, and started it up the other day (Thursday) for the first time. (I did not purchase from HF)

It's a 5.5HP Honda gasoline engine model, 17 gallon, single stage, wheel barrow style with two wheels in front, handles in back, contractor series, and very nice. It cost about just under $1700 (price included two industrial Hankison filters, & delivery). I bought it to spray onsite, and am getting ready to FINALY use it on the study project. (I'll be spraying the ceiling tomorrow!!)

This compressor is first class quality.

Marty Phee
05-31-2004, 7:30 PM
That's the impression I get from my friends QT-5. Very high quality and performance, but I can't spend the $1500+ he did on his. I'm was hoping someone had bought one of these from HF. I"m being impatient since I'm going to call Quincy tomorrow. HF was useless as far as giving me any info.

Jim Becker
05-31-2004, 8:35 PM
Marty, be sure to compare your actual cost after shipping if HF is not offering a free frieght deal on the Quincy compressor. (You'll still pay the five buck handling charge, regardless) Some firms that ship a lot of compressors often offer free freight. For example, Northern Tool frequently has free freight on IR units which are shipped direct from the factory.

Marty Phee
05-31-2004, 8:56 PM
Thanks. HF had the free freight.

Marty Phee
06-01-2004, 1:54 PM
Just heard from Quincy. This is made in the USA. Well, at least the compressor and air receiver are. Switchs maybe imported.

According to Quincy it's actually 15.2 ACFM as tested to CAGI/PNUEROP PN2CPTC2 standards. Whatever that means.

Irregardless, it will be a nice system to grow into and you can't bet the price.

craig carlson
06-01-2004, 4:35 PM
I saw the single stage V4 Quincy compressor here locally at Western Tool. It looked well built. 18 CFM at 100PSI a true 5HP Baldor 21amp motor, cogged drive belt, 60 gallon tank $850. Water trap and regulator not included. I want one!

Craig Carlson
Sebastopol, Ca

Marty Phee
06-01-2004, 5:08 PM
Unfortuantly this one has one of these new fangled "Special" motors that draws 3hp worth of amps (16amps@220), but magically produces 5hp.

<<From Quincy>>
I do not know of a compressor manufacturer that does not use a 3600 RPM special motor on at least one unit.

* These type of motors are marked SPL. *
<< End Quincy>>

It's not a huge deal to me since this compressor is is 15.3 ACFM, but it just insults my intelligence.

craig carlson
06-01-2004, 7:07 PM
Seems to me that there is a class action suit against several compressor manufacturer's for over stating their HP ratings. (I saw an add in the paper about it.
Craig