PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox molder availability from Grizzly

abram godshall
11-15-2008, 5:56 PM
Today I ordered a shop fox G0488 molder. I tried to order it thru Grizzly (both online and wanted to go to the PA store) but was told it is to be discontinued and therefore not available (sold out) in the PA site and they are not re-stocking it there. I guess I could not get it online thru them since it would normally ship to me from the PA store. I then ordered it thru Amazon online and the order seems to have been honored. I guess they ship from wherever. By the way, Amazon has the same deal going that Grizzly had; $750 ($495 off)! Assuming I do indeed get it, has anyone retrofitted this machine with the W&H multipass upgrade and if so how did it work out for you?

Jay Brewer
11-15-2008, 6:32 PM
Congratulations Abram, you will enjoy that machine. I have had mine for a couple years now and it gets quite a work out, it does a great job. Contrary to popular belief, you can make multiple passes with these machines, it works with every cutter I own. I installed a Wixey DRO when I first got the machine. I have a notebook that I keep the fence settings and the depth settings of all my cutters. I usually take the majority of the cut in the first pass, leaving about .010 for the last pass, works great.