PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Texas Pen

Tom Hamilton
11-15-2008, 5:41 PM
My neighbor and fellow turner, Michael Gallagher showed me his USA flag pen the other day and remarked there is a Republic of Texas version available. He was ordering one so I got one also.

Comes in four pieces, blue tube, star, red rectangle and white rectangle. A little CA, drill and BINGO it works as advertised.

Probably a limited market outside of Texas but it is a conversation started here!

Best regards, Tom

Greg Just
11-15-2008, 6:03 PM
Nice job with the pen. Where did you get it? Wonder if other states are available.

Steve Schlumpf
11-15-2008, 6:18 PM
Wow Tom - you been busy! Very nice pen! Good job on aligning everything! I am sure that would be a great conversation starter - anywhere - but for sure in Texas!

Tom Hamilton
11-15-2008, 6:47 PM
Greg: http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/StoreFront. A couple of items are available from Craft Supply also.

Tom

Bernie Weishapl
11-15-2008, 7:02 PM
The pen is a beauty. Well done.

michael gallagher
11-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Tom was kind enough to let me hold this one, too, and admire it while my pen from the same order is still in the glue-up phase. He did a great job on it, with a glossy CA finish on it - notice the pen in the picture is using his third place "negative space" bowl as a holder. He probably should have put this pen in the enhanced or segmented category for judging!