PDA

View Full Version : Delta contractors saw- cast left side table extension?

Gary McNair
11-15-2008, 5:21 PM
For my 10" Delta contractors saw, I'm trying to find a cast iron left side extension to replace the stamped steel version I have now. The extension measures approx. 10" X 27".
Did Delta ever offer the extension in cast iron?
Any leads, ideas appreciated,
Thks,
Gary

Bob Vallaster
11-15-2008, 5:50 PM
This pertains to my experience of the USA-made contractor saw.
The 10x27 wings from contractor saw interchange with the cast wings for Unisaw. Take your stamped wing along when shopping (answering ads) to be certain you're not being offered one from another brand ...because the bolt spacing on Brand X is likely to be different.
OBTW, left and right side are the same part.
If you're' weight conscious, there are also cast aluminum wings with window-pane cut-outs.

BobV

Chip Lindley
11-15-2008, 7:00 PM
The 8" x 27" cast iron wings for Unisaw are part LTA402, usually cast into the underside of the wing. 3 holes are spaced on 11" center. Many available from time to time on eBay. Insist on close-up pix for condition. They rarely come cheap, and freight is hefty, as is the cast iron wing. Enjoy yours when you cop one!

Jared Cuneo
11-15-2008, 8:10 PM
To answer your question, yes, they offer one. In fact, I have cast iron wings on my Delta 10" Contractor.

JC

Jason White
11-16-2008, 6:09 PM
I bought the cast-iron Bench Dog extension with the built-in router table and love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Bench-Dog-40-031-ProMax-Extension/dp/B00005RHP5/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1226876930&sr=8-1

For my 10" Delta contractors saw, I'm trying to find a cast iron left side extension to replace the stamped steel version I have now. The extension measures approx. 10" X 27".
Did Delta ever offer the extension in cast iron?
Any leads, ideas appreciated,
Thks,
Gary

Joel Earl
11-16-2008, 7:30 PM
Many o'er on woodnet also have used them from Harbor Freight and very happy. About 50% of the cost from Delta. The one complaint from some is the time it takes to get. Sometimes it's fast and other times....but they do let you know up front. Might want to do a search o'er there on them

Norman Pyles
11-16-2008, 8:40 PM
I bought 2 Delta wings, for my Delta contractors saw from Amazon.

Justin Leiwig
11-17-2008, 9:25 AM
Many o'er on woodnet also have used them from Harbor Freight and very happy. About 50% of the cost from Delta. The one complaint from some is the time it takes to get. Sometimes it's fast and other times....but they do let you know up front. Might want to do a search o'er there on them

Happen to have a HF part number? I just picked up a delta contractor saw and would like to switch out the stamped steel pieces for cast iron as well.