PDA

View Full Version : My Niece is Sick

Leigh Costello
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Just got off the phone with my sister in Tulsa. My niece is in a hospital there and is very sick. Testing is underway. No results yet, but maybe tomorrow. I am asking for prayers for my niece and her parents. Thank you all for your prayers, in advance. She is six years old. My eyes are leaking again, thanks again.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Idaho for your family and you Leigh! It's always tougher it seems when a child is involved.

mark page
11-14-2008, 11:16 PM
My families thoughts, prayers, and condolences extend out to you. I hope the very best for you.

Jason Roehl
11-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Ask and you shall receive. Prayers on the way. It's incredibly hard to see young ones ill.

On edit: Small world. I don't know how many hospitals there are in Tulsa, but we have some close friends who live in Owasso, and she works weekends as a phlebotomist (I think) in a Tulsa hospital. There's a chance our friend could be in contact with your niece tomorrow.

Steve Schlumpf
11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Thoughts & prayers are on the way! Hope they find out what is going on and get her on the road to recovery real soon!

Ray Schafer
11-15-2008, 12:11 AM
are with you and your family.

Ray

Ted Shrader
11-15-2008, 8:36 AM
Leigh -

Our thoughts and prayers are with your neice and family and with the doctors and nurses for discernemnt in her treatment.

Regards,
Ted

Paul Greathouse
11-15-2008, 9:10 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with your niece and your family. Keep us posted on her condition.

Phyllis Meyer
11-15-2008, 9:36 AM
Dear Leigh,

Our family will be praying for your neice and her family and you and yours also! God is good, and he answers prayers!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Leigh Costello
11-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. Two of the tests ruled out any terrible diseases.

As an infant, she had RSV, which apparantly wreaks havoc with the immune system. Now that she is in school, she has been exposed to so many "new" germs, her body just couldn't handle them all without help.

She is home this evening with loads of pills and a bunch of doctor appointments next week. My sis and her hubby are planning a very lazy day tomorrow and my 15 yr old nephew has offered to do all the cooking tomorrow. Answer the door, it's do...... lol.

I hope to talk to my niece tomorrow. Thank you all so much. There is a whole new world ahead for my niece, and hopefully, once her immune system is boosted, she will go back to school.

Once again, thank you , thank you , thank you.

ROY DICK
11-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Our prayers are with you , your niece and your family. We' re assured she will have a complete recovery.
Roy

Ron Jones near Indy
11-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Prayer offered for a quick recovery!

John Schreiber
11-15-2008, 11:43 PM
All our best to you and yours. Sometimes it's hardest when you can't do anything.

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-16-2008, 8:35 PM
God bless you and your sister.

Sean Troy
11-16-2008, 9:12 PM
Our family will keep her in our prayers.

Sonny Edmonds
11-16-2008, 9:45 PM
Of all the things that are free is a prayer for you from me.
6 years old, how that tears at ones heart. Poor little sweetheart. :(

Stephen Smith Sr
11-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Leigh,

Thankfully I know the "Great Physician" and spoke to him about your niece. Please keep us informed.

Steve

Rod Upfold
11-17-2008, 4:45 PM
My prayers for your family and niece.

We are waiting for a hospital to call us to let us know when to bring our son in for his operation. This will be his third brain tumour operation in four years.

Rod

Clara Koss
11-17-2008, 5:50 PM
it is super hard to deal with a baby who is ill..... they don't understand much and the hospital settings can be a bit scary...i am lighting a candle and praying for your niece and the family.... maybe by tomorrow all will seem better....:(

Leigh Costello
11-17-2008, 9:17 PM
The results are back and she is going to be okay. She still has a load of pills to finish over the next week or so. Her immune system will always be challenged, as the doctor says, so she has to learn not to touch her face and stay away from people who may be sick. The whole situation taught my nephew just how grown up he is, but he said he's glad he doesn't have to learn to cook everything just yet. :D

My sister said to tell you all thank you for your prayers. There can never be too many praying.

For all of you who are also suffering, know that my prayers are with you too.

So thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for my niece. This is one time that I am glad there are doctors who will poke and prod beyond the usual take this and call me in the morning.

Sonny Edmonds
11-17-2008, 9:54 PM
For the updates.
Still going to keep the prayers going though.
She may be on the mend, but not out of the woods yet. :o

Nancy Laird
11-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Leigh, I was out of town and away from the computer all weekend, so I missed this one. Even though she seems to be on the mend, your niece will remain in my prayers. Keep us posted!!