PDA

View Full Version : Photo Printer

Leigh Costello
11-14-2008, 9:19 PM
Had anyone got any info or opinions on stand-alone photo printers? I have the a Canon camera but I would like to print photos on the spot for a Breakfast with Santa type thing, where we will be making buttons out of the photos. Any suggestions?

Christopher Stahl
11-14-2008, 10:01 PM
What size of photos would you like?

Justin Leiwig
11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
We've got a lexmark photo printer, and it's a good printer. The paper makes all the difference in the world. I'd spring for a real one though if your using it professionally. Prices have come down in the past couple years.

David DeCristoforo
11-14-2008, 10:26 PM
If you have a windoze computer HP or Cannon printers. For Macs, Epson.

Leigh Costello
11-14-2008, 10:35 PM
I would be making 4 x 6 prints. I don't want to lug my laptop around and all the cable-tangle opportunities make me tired just thinking of them.

Greg Cuetara
11-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I have an epson picturemate and it is really nice to produce 4x6 prints directly from a camera memory card. It can also be hooked up to a computer so there are multiple options.

There is also a battery pack you can buy so that it can work completly on it's own or you can plug it into the wall. The only downside is that to get the ink you have to buy packages from epson which include the ink and the paper.

Whatever you do decide to do make sure that you understand what you have to buy for ink and paper because that is usually the most expensive part.

Leigh Costello
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the quick response. I was contacted by a daycare earlier today and I had no idea where to start, except here. And once again, the Creek is a very good place to start.

Jim Becker
11-15-2008, 9:53 AM
I have an Epson Picturemate, too. Works nice, although I got only a fraction of the prints off the first ink cartridge. Cannon makes some nice ones, too.