PDA

View Full Version : Photograv install problem?!

Gabe Gat
11-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm trying to install photograv 2 on a windows XP machine but continue to get the following error when I run the SETUP.exe

"Cannot find file//.host/shared folders/desktop/photogravsetup.exe (or one of its components) check to ensure path and filename are correct and all required libraries are..."

I'm running XP on a Mac Book Air using VM Fusion 2.0, that said there's no cd drive so I had to migrate the CD info for Photograv via USB.

Any ideas?

Frank Corker
11-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Gabe you might have to use a program that creates a 'mount' - a ficticious drive which allows you to put the contents of a cd onto a computer which doesn't have one. It behaves exactly the same as an external or internal drive but is just a partition.

Dave Johnson29
11-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Gabe you might have to use a program that creates a 'mount'

Gabe,

That is a pretty torturous combination to try to make work :) and I suspect Frank may be on the right track. Do a search for a program called

UltraISO

It has an option to emulate a CD in memory. The Photograv install probably could not find an install drive letter so it is assuming it must be an install from a network path for a multi-seat license. Just a guess though.

Doug Griffith
11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
I have a MacBook Pro running Parallels and XP Pro. UltraISO works for me when I have "issues" however I do not have Photograv.

Cheers,
Doug

Gabe Gat
11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Good to go guys! Just has to mount the info with POWER ISO.

Cheers and happy Lasering!