PDA

View Full Version : A Hello and a Head's up!

Ted Daigle
05-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi to all! I've been hanging out here for some time now, but have not had the opportunity to offer much, being a newbie to the craft. However, I thought some of you guys might be interested to know that HD's in some areas are clearing out their old grey (gray?) Ridgid jointers for only $150! I just picked one up today. (Okay, so it's a stealth gloat, sue me.) The new ones are $400. All reports tell me both models are great, especially for novices like myself.
Anyway, I think its worth a look around your local HD if you are looking for a good, really inexpensive jointer. I hope this helps someone out there. I'm already learning lots here, but sorry, no pics as of yet. Spent the camera money on the jointer! :rolleyes: You guys, think Tyler Howell is gonna kick me out for that?

Dick Parr
05-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Welcome Ted and nice find. Just a little stealth gloat :p :D :p :rolleyes:

Ted Shrader
05-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Ted -

Welcome. Great place to hang out and share info. Pull up a stump and dangle your feet.

You have raised the total "Ted" count to 9. Although 2 have only registered and never posted, so I suppose it is really only 7. :)

Regards,
Ted

John Miliunas
05-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Super to have you join our little community, Ted! And he comes right outta' the gates with a nice tip! :) That's cool! Sounds like you've been "lurking" a bit, so I don't have to tell you what a great bunch of people hang out over here! :) I also understand the digi cam vs. jointer. You done GOOD! And don't worry about Tyler. If he gives you a hard time, we'll just get Dale after him! :D Be sure to stop by often and stay long! Oh, and we'll wait for the pics! :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Welcome Ted! I've got that same Ridgid planer and it works well for me. :) I didn't, however, get it at the price you did! :( Don't worry about Tyler, he barks a lot but his smile gives away his real personality! :D :D

Chris Padilla
05-31-2004, 2:34 AM
...that and those special colored pills I FedEx to him a couple times a month.... :D

Welcome, Ted! :)

Herb Blair
05-31-2004, 5:49 AM
Welcome to the Creek! I lurk more than post also. Mostly because I spend my spare time in the shop making sawdust out of expensive lumber...
Enjoy the Rigid Jointer. Let us know how you like it after you've used it awhile.

:)

Tyler Howell
05-31-2004, 8:58 AM
Welcome Ted, Water's cool and relaxing! Good folks here.;)

Lars Thomas
05-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the creek Ted. I think you'll enjoy it here. Lars