PDA

View Full Version : angel hair...

Rasmus Petersen
11-14-2008, 6:03 AM
just have to post this small horrible pic... been turning all kinds of hardwoods Elm oak Zebrano wenge u name it... the this happend on my lathe.. freshly sharpend Skew from my new tormek meet some mapel :-)

maaaaan that was fun...

im making christmas stuff ornaments.. would you belive i havent seen one of thees i denmark before... could be a nice niche for me :-)

Jim Becker
11-14-2008, 8:12 AM
Hey, that stuff is wonderful for decorating in itself! You can even dye it for effect.

Sharp tools are such a pleasure, eh? :D

Steve Schlumpf
11-14-2008, 9:10 AM
That's cool Rasmus! Would make for a unique packing for your ornaments! Sharp is nice!

Daniel Heine
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Rasmus,

Hold on to that stuff. You can use it in the easter baskets next spring!!!

Nice.

Dan

Bernie Weishapl
11-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Rasmus I did the same thing with my skew and tormek. I just couldn't believe how fine the curlies were coming off the piece.

Don Orr
11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Wow, that is awesome Rasmus ! Doesn't get any better than that.

Paul Engle
11-14-2008, 1:36 PM
Excellent .... ain't it grand !!!! nice work Rasmus. :D

Steve Mawson
11-14-2008, 2:32 PM
Great, now give us a picture when the ornament is finished.

Rasmus Petersen
11-15-2008, 3:13 AM
Thank You all.... SheWhoMustBeObayed have already stuffed a few boxes with the stuff for decorating... and i plan on keeping it for packing ornaments... have thougt about having a few pices of mapel ready at the christmas shows... that would be a new trick to just turn the packing material when the customer needs it.. I could label the mapel pices Petersen Compact Packing Material Hehehehehe

I promise to post pictures of all the stuff i have made and gotten ready for the christmas show....

Not bad for a beginner (have now been turning a year)

Chris Stolicky
11-15-2008, 9:03 AM
Hey, you could make a wig out of it!!

Don't you just love the cutting edge from a tormek?

I have yet to try an ornament, but will be soon.

Bernie Weishapl
11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Rasmus what is kinda cool is to display your ornaments in a box laying on some of that angel hair. It really makes the ornament stand out.

Rasmus Petersen
11-16-2008, 3:14 AM
a wig :-) nice...

I plan on using the suff for display, packing and deco in my stand at the christmasmarked...